Where do you go from there?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Of course it was worth it! :D

Excellent Eddy. I recall the "talk" across several forums and, hopefully I'm correct, everybody only had really good positive thoughts and comments about your feat.

A truly stunning fish from a heavily fished venue. For those that don't know the venue, a certain courage really is needed to spend time there, but the rewards are superb as Eddy ably demonstrated.

I fished there a few times many years ago and "left early" on several occasions. I preferred to fish the club stretch on the opposite bank!

Such milestones do tend to change your perspective but there's plenty of other reasons just to go fishing.

Great article, really enjoyed it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
Really enjoyed this one Eddy!!! I can relate to that lone figure in green feeling - especially when you imagine a world that evolves around a predetermined TV schedule....... sometimes it actually sounded appealing.

I agree that to sustain the passion, it is good to fish for a variety of species and fish styles that are purely enjoyable. I had a 3 year lay off from coarse fishing to concentrate on beach casting and match fishing. I came back fresh as a daisy!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
good read

Don't thin kI'll ever be that way for 2 reasons

1 I fish for carp one day on boilie and bolt rig, roach on the pole another, tench o nthe float an other, then to a small free pool to catch endless small rudd

2 I'm not that good an angler:D

laguna

Reaction score
Good read and some cracking barbies there! :w

I'm not a speci hunter although I do like to target certain species and especially enjoy my winter chub fishing on rivers.

In the warmer months i'm at my happiest fishing for rudd while the lads target the carp. I must be the only guy fishing for silvers in a carp puddle :D

but I enjoy it, and thats what its all about!

Just reminded myself of something...
while fishing for silvers I once foul hooked a big carp! As I was slowly reeling it in, a carper in the next peg asked me if he should take over! :eek:

Maybe it was the way I was playing it? maybe my technique was awkward looking, inexperienced?
But he didnt know what I knew, and he certainly didnt realise why I was reeling it in so slowly...

It was foul hooked in its tail!

john step

Reaction score
I think the downer after catching the fish of a lifetime must be quite common.
Before I retired I knew a bloke who was into carp big time in the early years just as the hair rig was being used by the few anglers in the know. I think it was the Darenth Lakes in Kent where he had a forty when that was very very rare. After that even a twenty was an anticlimax and he packed up fishing completely. Much better to be a general splosher I think.