Sweaty Cheese

smithdave

Reaction score
Use to do well with this, in my youth, but it seems to have dried up now.
Anybody else ?

Keith M

Reaction score
My lump of Cheesepaste & breadpaste has been going for years now it's been in and out of the freezer for as long as I can remember.
I just add some newly kneeded cheese & bread paste to the ball as the ball gets smaller each time I use it (which isn't as often as it used to be).

It's particularly good when; even on a hot day; it starts to sweat and feels cold to the touch, it's probably the aminos breaking down that makes it feel like that and makes it so atractive to the fish.

I like adding raw liquidised onion with no lumps in it.
The winter Chub on the Kennet really love it and the Roach on my local estate lake go mental for it in the early spring.

I have caught Barbel on it but not as often as the Chub and Roach so it isn't my first choice when I am after the Beards.

The smellier it is the better.

Last edited:

soffit

Reaction score
Just used some rather rank breadpaste on some roach with success today. It started life as a Tesco Value loaf about three weeks ago[Reduced to 15p] to use as flake then got turned into paste after about five days. Lived in the fridge ever-since with only an occasional outing as sweetcorn stays on the hook better. A nice bit of grated Parmesan to stiffen it up and add that little extra something?