Severn Estuary Barrage – Angling Trust Voice Concerns

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This new, private consortium, Corlan Hafren, needs to be told to take a hike - indeed, run off the patch. Let it build its squeaky "clean", Green power barrage and just watch Severn, Usk and Wye die as salmon rivers. You fellas here probably don't know just how great they were (the Usk still is a pretty good and improving river) until the early 1990s - I do, having seen and sometimes fished them in the 1970s and 1980s, netting on one occasion a 38-pound fish for one great Wye salmon-fisher and he doing the same for me with my 18-pounder.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
They'll do anything in the name of money yet hide behind terms like 'economic necessity' - which actually only means, more profits.
They did something like this on Strangford Lough, any results on how the migratory fish have fared there, since the powerplant was installed?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just 50-odd hits, "It don't effect me", territory, I see ... "Salmon ... done by posh canutes ... eff them, 'stheir problem ... the barbel and chub are still doing all right, though...".

Sad, so sad, for me, as a life-long and pretty able all-rounder, who, like Walker R. before me, knows salmon-fishers for what they are (a clannish, acquisitive, ruthless, two-up-to-the-rest lot), and coarse-fishers, well ... "I want the best for me, or whatever the weekly comics are currently telling me is the best, for nothing more than 2.5p, mind, or I'll get the right 'ump...".

Welcome to British Angling.

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
Paul, that's a bit rich coming from you, as I distinctly remember putting up an appraisal of the Windrush, where the trout were not suffering anywhere near so bad as the coarse species, only for you to basically say f*** the coarse fish.

Rather a pot calling the kettle black situation I think.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You have so frequently run yourself aground on another site for me to so much as trouble myself with your latest offering, here, Colin.

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
Just stating what I have observed Paul. Comment/don't comment it makes no odds to me but there is a definite whiff of double standards in your prior post.