Best clothing????

Jason Satterly

Reaction score
I am really getting into match fishing at the minute and have about all the gear I need. The only thing I really need is a bib n brace and jacket. Are there any experts out there that can advise me on the best set to get???? I have had a look at the Preston Dri 500 but the bib n brace is really big and baggy(maybe they are all like that) Let me know what you all think (if you can be bothered??)

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Sunridge do the best clothing and they do a match line as well.

mick boswell

Reaction score
I was looking recently for a match suit and tried almost everything then settled for the Maver one. It was about ?60 for the jacket and ?40 for the bottoms. Tried it last Sunday in storm conditions and I couldn't fault it. I had some Realtree Aquatex arctic clothing years back for shooting and I have to say this stuff compares well despite costing a fifth of the price. Very subtle labelling as well.

S

Stevie 12345

There has been another thread about this a short while ago where I recommended to a gentleman the Preston bib n brace- perhaps that person might want to endorse as well.

Have a look at the Map version too- its a little cheaper

mick boswell

Reaction score
That was me Steve, but being a shortarse the Preston suit smothered me. The Maver suit fitted better and cost the same.

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
The Garbolino SquadII clothing is the nearest I have seen to Goretex without being actual Goretex. Superb value for money & suitable for the worst conditions you will experience in the UK. ?150 for the jacket, zip in fleece (windstopper material) and bib & brace with removable lining (for summer use or leave it in for winter).

B

BIG N

Try Used Tackle for the new breathable MAP stuff.
Mate bought a bib n brace,jacket and cap for ?60
It retails well over a ton

Trisantona

Reaction score
For Goretex stuff try "Field and Forces",ex army stuff,some brand new and bargain prices.being sevices stuff it also comes in various heights,handy if like me you are very tall and fed up with getting wet sleeves,also good cammo.!!!!

fred hall

Reaction score
In recent years I've gone through bib n braces at a rate of knots. My main consideration was always price. Last birthday (60th) I took a deep breath and ordered myself a made to measure Gortex version from Halkon Hunt. I just wish I'd done so years ago.
Mind you, at the moment I'm still happy to team my HH bib n braces with a 40 quid Regatta jacket!

Reaction score
M'lord and I normally adopt a standard dress suit (black tie)for the contest. It is form to change into white tie,top hat and morning coat for the weigh-in...or is that Royal Ascot????

I believe Cheshire Angling do a bargain with a Middy match outfit...seen it mentioned elsewhere on the forum

Posh Paul