the time bomb method

john blundell

Reaction score
I turned onto the greater rod race and Mad hayes was fishing the time bomb method. I missed the start though and he'd already explained what it was i presume. What is it?!??

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Groundbait plugs from grinding the pellets that are used in the feeder. Hair rigged Halibut pellet was the bait.

S

Scott Norburn

The groundbait he generally uses is the Dynamite Marine Halibut Pellet, with a matching pellet on the hook.

As previously described, an open ended feeder is used filled with pellets and groundbait packed in either side as a plug. The idea is that the groundbait slowly releases before eventually releasing the pellets drawing fish upstream to the waiting hookbait....

john blundell

Reaction score
i know that method, just didn't know that's what it was called lol. Cheers!

John

Steve Holland

Reaction score
Yeah whatever, I've known guys on the Severn using that method for years before old shark tooth reckoned he'd invented it! Same as 'HIS'chub paste using HNV etc. me and a few others used that yonks ago, ,all of a sudden 'HE' invented that! Even I got the recipe off someone else. Like most things in angling, its all been done before but not publicly known!