new bedchairs and bivvys

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
hi lads have anyone of you got any good suggestions on new bivvys and bedchairs. i am looking around due to my old gear being worn and old. i had a fox easy dome but i feel that i need a larger one it served me well but i think i need a change.

cheers lee

B

Big Rik

World's your oyster, there's plenty of choice.
You want a quick erect bivvy or a threader?

2, 3 or 4 leg bedchair?

The 4 folding JRC or Nash beds are pretty neat and strong.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
jrc sti 2man with terry hearn super coocoon XL big bed chair in a big bivvy what more can you ask for

B

Big Rik

a bivvy that's stable and doesn't take 30 minutes to put up

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
so jrc is a good bet. my mate has the trakker armidillo one it looks good but complicated to put up. what do you think about that one. i want a bivvy similar to this one but do any one else make similar one's
cheers lads

B

Big Rik

I've got a dillo mk2 and it's very easy to put up and huge.

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
how much are they big rik. dont want one that is gunna make me break the bank

cheers lee

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I have the one and two man original Dillo's and they are a piece of cake to put up..

B

Big Rik

STi or Dillo?
Lada or Mercedes?
As I said worlds your oyster, but it's your money.

There's one on the eBay for ?325 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRAKKER-ARMO-MK2-2-MAN-ARMADILLO-BIVVY_W0QQitemZ130114496276QQihZ003QQcategoryZ72670QQcmdZViewItem

Can't find a price on the JRC as there are a few different typres (type R, Dave Lane, quick erect etc)
But the RRP for the 2 man is ?240
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-JRC-STI-2-MAN-TWIN-SKIN-BIVVY-DOME-RRP-240_W0QQitemZ140119949062QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1495QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
i take ur point big rik about quality i guess the dillo's far better quality than the jrc's version. i was looking around the 250 range nothing too expensive though. as long as i ahve enough room and it keeps me warm and dry it will do me.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
take a look at climax tackle they have jrc sti 2man for ?160 including the bag bargain at half the price

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Do the Sti's still have those stupid mesh vents in the roof? The one's that force you into using the outer skin? You know, just in case it rains loik?

Like Rik says, Merc or Lada.

C

Cakey

two of my mates had sti's ............soon got rid of one is now under a dillo and the others under the trakker equiv

like Rik and Malc say lada or Merc

theres an old chinese proverb that says "buy an sti and all session long cry"

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
its really hard work putting the wrap on aint it i mean it takes all of 2 mins and for how much less not quite a lada just look around the banks i sure theres more sti than the dillo im sure there not all wrong in there choice .

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Not wrong at all Richard, each to their own and all that. I also know that a lot of former sti owners have now changed and have bought different.

I have had around 14 or 15 different bivvies now and the best I have had is the Dillo. The two I have I will keep until they have had it.

wayne paget

Reaction score
i have a nash double top pro,good bivvy,and the 1 man version is fairly large,12 minutes to erect.