france trip

C

Cakey

superb ...................you can still have my babies if you want

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cheers guys.....was a very hard lake to fish and I lost confidence a lot of time. It was a great learning curve for me to find that english way of carp fishing does not work everywhere.

Cakester
can't wait to see the pics of your catch, how many did you have in the end?

Christian

Ended up using 20lb fluro carbon in the end (2inch hook length)....all the other line(your quick silver and silkworm) got shredded on the rocks....had a couple of line break.

C

Cakey

I ended up with 14 carp ,1 sturgeon ,2 big bream ,one tench ,3541 chats,2 million ants and sun burn

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Sun burn? Sooooo you were the ones who kept the good weather to yourselves....selfish gits huh lol....we only had one day and night without rain. Even had a thunder storm....where I sat in my bivvy holding on to it, in case it'd get blown off :-(

C

Cakey

got off the ferry ,went through the tunnel ,flying round m25 until there was a crash and we sat in the middle lane for 3 1/4 hrs ,how many can say they made a cup of tea in the middle lane of the m25 ?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Well done Claudia!......one hell of a carp that......and they don't come thick and fast at that size so i know what you mean when you say you lost confidence at times.

Fish like that will keep you going when the going gets tough.......anyone can fill their boots on pasties but they can keep em for fish like that eh? ;)

C

Cakey

Ive been to Vaumigny 15 times now and this was the hardest its ever fished ,the fish were sticking to the snags ,millions and millions of chats you could see huge shoals of them.but a good time was had

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Paul

Thanks mate, what we didn't realize was it was a natural lake (not a commercial)although the lake was stocked with 300 carp.

25 acres and lots of natural food, not been heavily fished, so the carp were very wary of hooks, line and he usual bait boilies, pellets and nuts.

Maize and artificial pop up sweetcorn was THE bait.

Defo go back there but for at least 2 weeks.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Watcha cakes.....not long untill i can get at those river carp now ;)

Claudia....if they aint heavily fished for they ain't wary of tackle mate....but it can be harder to get them away from their natural food and taking your baits....so you done even better than you think girl!

Can i come next time :) lol

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Mmmh not sure about that Paul, as my mate swopped his led to a pebble out of the lake to use instead of a led, he tide it onto the line with an elastic band, so it'll come off during a strike....that method caught him 3 carp between 20-40 lb

Sure you can come next time....are you paying? lol

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

How can underfished for fish know a lead or other tackle and why would you want it to come of during the strike?

But we will debate that on the next trip YOU treat me too! ;)))

You have a carp to be proud of there mate fullstop!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Don't ask me for his reasons but it seem to have worked. He didn't get a single bite during the week and a day before leaving he managed 3 of them. WHO KNOWS lol

ME TREAT YOUUUUU???? You having a laugh....I'm skint now for the next 2 yrs lol but it was well worth it.

Cheers mate but as much fun it was, I'm longing to get back out onto the river. So many more species to catch, so much more to learn.

C

Cakey

the lake I was fishing has at least 10 anglers with 4 rods for 52 weeks of the year (25 acres) and I still dont think they know what a lead or hook is
but they could be shy of all the lines in the water but then they should be used to that and with all the snags around (at least 30 trees down in the water)they should treat line as a snag

what colour was the water Claudia ?