bait boats

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of them, although at very big lakes they do come in handy if you haven't got a rowing boat to hand.

I personally won't use one, I'd rather try to lure the fish into a swim where I can cast to and bait up comfortably.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I can't afford one......they are a damnation to our sport! ;)

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Good in the right hands.
In the wrong hands, a pain in the neck. Sadly this seems to be the predominate one of the two.
For instance, I have recently witnesed some numpty sending their boat around a corner and crossing other anglers swims not 30 yds from the bank.

This fool was actually leaning out over the water trying to see where his boat was going around the corner. When challenged and asked what he was going to do "If" he got a run, and how he would stop it from going under the bankside snags and branches, he said sorry mate I didn't think about that. Crackpots like this will only lead to them getting banned.

I was watching somebody else use a bait boat. He sent it way out over a hundred yds because that is where he sees the other lads sending theirs. The difference was that the other lads had feature finders on board and knew what depth they were in and if the swim was relatively weed free. And they were fishing to known spots.

This bloke was only guessing that he was in the area, yeah it's about their, this will do, dump the cargo and return it to shore. I've got a boat and I'm going to use it.

At the moment they are causeing more problems for me (and the fish). Some anglers seem to think that the half way rule does not apply if useing a baitboat. Also they seem to think that they can use banned baits if useing a baitboat. I could carry on with bait boat misuse but I'll stop for now. I can see a ban on the horizon.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Hows the new remote control underwater camera mounted sub with drop on a sixpence bait dispenser coming on Malc?

Wish i was rich! ;)

Nik Foad

Reaction score
As a novice angler I'm pretty keen on any gadget that may improve my fishing.
Nevertheless imagine proudly using your ?800 bait boat with depth and fish finder and blanking whilst the lad in the next swim with his Aldi fishing rod lands fish with a wry grin all day.
Not sure I could cope with the need to catch when using such expensive gear.
Hence I have not and will not purchase a bait boat!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Ive got the microcat with all the toys including fish finder.

Aint used it in 3 years now......

any offers?

Steveg

Reaction score
Fantastic bit of kit if used under the right circumstances, and that has to include not upsetting other anglers. :)