Best baitboat for the money

G

Glen

Looking at buying a baitboat around ?400 - ?500. I've looked at the waverunner and the viper, which both looked ok, but i didnt like the procat. Can anyone tell me what is the best bait boat is for the money i am looking to spend?

T

Tim Richardson 2

The Waverunner is imported from China. I'm looking to a boat myself, at the moment I am thinking along the lines of the Pocket Rocket the Viper Icon or the Stealth

C

Cakey

The Procat is the only one for me

dont matter how rough it is the cat goes out ,the cat comes back ..........watch the others ......

catch

Reaction score
i have pro cat very good boat no problems in 2 years had it. it only halds half kilo but i dont fish over big beds of bait anyway . at have been around years wouldent trust all these new boats coming out just look badgers one.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Rubber ring, ninety nine pence from the pound shop...."

We've got a 99p Pound shop

B

Brendan Ince i carnt spell

my god boney i upset you live in lancashire and you getting discount in a pound shop i dont ive gone from preston to blackpool and they still charge me the same evan if i go all out and spend 2 quid please tell me how ?

Foxy

Reaction score
Get yourself a Lakestar Eco, best boat by miles for the money. You can keep your suction pumps, props all the way!!
Wouldnt recommend a pro-cat, two mates have them and have had lots of problems with them + any slight ripple and the cats back in its basket

C

Cakey

Foxy is talking shit...................
I can prove it,anone want to borrow mine and give it a go let me know !

its just back from France and we had all weathers including high winds and like I said before it went out ,it came back no probs at all

Foxy

Reaction score
Thanks for the cake, but im afraid im not. Its simply not designed for large waters, its so small anything more than a chop and it gets blown away.

Utter crap.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Foxy, Cakes is an experienced angler, I doubt very much that he would use utter crap.

Maybe it's the operator.

Personally I don't use a bait boat, my philosophy is this, if I can't cast to it then the fish has won.

Old fashioned? maybe, but that's what I am happy with.

C

Cakey

I have a cat Frothey .....why ?

we had waves covering the cat all I done was tape the battery compartments and the two small drain holes at the front

ok lets do it for pink slips Foxy

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
In tests 9 out of 10 cats preferered a Viper. Lot of boat for your money and no hassle wot so ever, they sit higher than the cat, so pva and other baits dont get washed out.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Trouble is Richard, if you want to go one step further with the Viper and have echo sounder fitted - it falls very short of what the microcat offers.

Been there, done it, etc........

C

Cakey

the idea of a cat being low in the water is that they dont get blown off course and why pva ?