New Way To Buy Your Licence

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Now there is no excuse and it must be cheaper in the long run if the majority switch over. I shall sign up immediately.

M

Mike Parker

So what form is it that we are supposed to fill in by the 10th Feb?
Have we got to phone the EA to get a form that we fill in countersigned by our local MP & GP and get the signiture witnessed at the post office with the application accompanied by a photograph and send by recorded delivery to the Regional head office?
Do I sound a bit sceptical that this will work or be taken up. Why is this a news article less than a month before the closing date?
What next, 6 months interest free credit with nothing to pay till christmas.
I think this is a bit of an overkill.
Jesting apart why not have our photos on the licence?

P

Peter Curtis

great idea signed up a week ago as soon as it dropped onto the floor

P

Peter Curtis

read about someone jesting about putting photo on licence I have from a reliable source that this will happen within the next 2 years

D

Dave Johnson

fill it in and forget about it-good move by the EA....SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT THINGS .

F

Fred Bonney

Mine came through the post last week.Signed up and sent.

M

Mike Parker

They must be sending them out in alphabetical order then so I should get mine just when I go into Hospital and 2 days after the deadline for applications.

C

Colin Richard McCarthy

Exactly why has the license gone up in price yet again? Also if they want to encourage youngsters into the sport, why don't they make it free for under 16's?

D

David Will

Great idea gotta be better than shouting at the idiot behind the counter once a year in my local PO. " you want what ?" says he " a fishing licence" say's I " not sure we have those " then off he goes to search while a Q builds behind me. Twenty minutes later he appears another twenty minutes is taken up with me shouting at the deaf bugger , meanwhile I am about as popular as dog doo on the carpet with my fellow customers.
Colin if you ring the EA I am sure they will tell you why as well as provide you with oodles of info on your local river fisheries.They will have surveyed the rivers and more than likely stocked them.You can get the survey results sent to you free as well as advice. If you only fish stillwaters they will look at those too if you ask.The EA do a very valuable job but like every public sector branch are cash starved and hugely understaffed. We need to support them . If it means an extra few quid a year I am all for it.

J

James Bradshaw

I think it's a wonderful idea - after all, we all buy a licence, don't we? I have to admit, I'm one of those people who thinks ''Oh, I'll do it tomorrow... next week... whenever'' for everything in life, fishing licence included - but I've always had one JUST in time (even though in 12 years of fishing, I've only been asked for a licence 3 times... bailiffs are all too happy to take your day-ticket money, but don't seem to care about licences), so for me this will be a godsend! I'll be filling mine in as soon as it comes through the door.

To Colin - I'd imagine that the price has gone up because wages have gone up - simple as that, really - but let's face it, what's ?20 a year anyway? About ? of a good night out? 2 days bait bill? Less than 40p a week over the course of the year - about 5p a day. Is that really so much to pay? As far as I'm concerned, I'm elated that we can get the amount of pleasure we do for that miniscule amount of money!

I gotta go - my girlfriend's rabbiting so much I can't concentrate!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Spot on idea, i normally pay it over the phone by credit card anyhow, hate those Qs in the post office. Not had my form yet, guess its on its way. And yes i did have a rod licence last year. And as James said, its not a huge amout of money is it, 5p a day!

J

James Bradshaw

Only on the ONE occasion you decide to ''borrow'' a stretch of water you shouldn't strictly be on, Chris...!

D

David Will

Chris if your area is anything like mine the EA bailiffs concentrate on commercial waters.Our chap down here has to cover a massive area I have seen him at waters from Hertfordshire to below Heathrow, his name is Graham he is a top man. He is very knowledgable also and actually fishes himself. He has to get results to justify his and other Bailiffs existances.As such he concentrates on waters where a) he will find anglers fishing and b) where he is likely to get a result or two.As I do fish Shimano Linear on an irregular basis I can say that you are almost certainly going to get a visit there but I did get a visit on the Relief Channel a couple of seasons back.The chap knew most use four rods up there and only one licence in some cases.