matt

Reaction score
Sounds like a great adventure Andy.
Would it be rude to ask the cost?

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, that's not a rude question Matt. To my mind the whole point of an internet forum is freedom of information. Also, Forest Hideaway gave permission to post the report, so I don't see how anyone could object to me posting the financial details.

Scrolling back through my e-mails, I see that the original quote was given in Nov 2006 for US $1,800 for a 12 day rafting trip. That was for 1 - 4 anglers, inc food, exc beverages & fags. I booked it for one angler (me).

I ended up doing an 11 day rafting trip, and staying a further 7 days at the camp in order to fish the Babai River (great success there too).

Beverage consumption was considerable, and therefore I'd rather not reveal the scale of the final bill (I've already sent this link to my mother), but I confirm that Forest Hideaway honoured all their undertakings.

matt

Reaction score
So in theory if 4 0f you went the $1800 would be split ? then of course there's other traveling expenses. Hmmm I like the sound of it.

Thanks for sharing your experiences a entertaining and interesting read.

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No probs Matt.

Other travel expenses are obviously the international flight to Katmandu, accommodation in Katmandu, and the domestic flight to Nepalgunj (US$250 return). Other than that the only additional expense is licquer & fags

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
/members/images/34795/Gallery/IMG_1279_%28Medium%29.JPG

/members/images/34795/Gallery/IMG_1278_%28Medium%29.JPG

/members/images/34795/Gallery/IMG_1277_%28Medium%29.JPG

/members/images/34795/Gallery/IMG_1275_%28Medium%29.JPG

/members/images/34795/Gallery/IMG_1273_%28Medium%29.JPG

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few more pics have just come to light, this next one was apparently beached a couple of weeks ago ....

Reaction score
I know what that is! No its not Maurice the Minnow from the Dane - it is a Gooch Catfish as featured on Channel 5's "Flesh Eating River Monster" last night which was an interesting wildlife "mystery" with some good underwater camera work and impressive angling shots.