Welsh Harp

ANDY SKI

Reaction score
do you know anythink about welsh harp reservoir in NW London just off the junction of A5/A406 ??

C

Cakey

London Borough of Brent do not own any waterways, but angling is banned at Welsh Harp Reservoir by British Waterways Board.
Shaun Faulkner, Barham Park Offices, 660 Harrow Road, Sudbury, Wembley, Middx, HA0 2HB.

I used to work in Kingsbury and lunch times walk round probably to many boats to fish for the carp and pike any way but I think they made it a conservation area hence the no fishing

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
The SSSI is in the shallows where the Brent flows in, behind the industrial estate. Why the hell people shouldn't fish from the Neasden Recreation Ground I can't understand.
We always used to, and the wildlife moved in as the water quality improved, irrespective of anglers, dog-walkers and boats.

C

Cakey

Id love to poach it ...............where did I put that camo

C

Cakey

I see some nice pike standing on the little bridge in Cool oak Lane

no not the pike ,I was standing on the bridge

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Look out old maps- the borough boundary follows the old course of the Brent, and it makes a couple of loops in towards the N. Circ bank @ Neasden Rec., giving deep water in casting range.
If there are any positive developments re angling on the Harp, Dave Frame at Frame's Fishing Tackle in W. Hendon Broadway will almost certainly know.

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

An interesting topic this, I used to live in the area, from 1945 to 1959, and I was always horrified to see what a mess British Oxygen had made at the rear of their factory on the North Cicular Road it was just a mass of pollution. It took years of persuasion for anything to be done about that, to the best of my recollection the only thing that swam in there were sticklebacks. I think it's most likely that pressure has been brought to bear by the water-skiing fraternity, they don't want anglers sitting there spoiling their fun when the British Championships are being held do they?

D

david bruce 1

What would be the best rod test curve for a skier, and what would be the best bait a flying C on a fast retrieve :)

C

Cakey

you would need a boat rod and try a wind surfer for bait.............

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

The best place to "poach" it Cakey would be in the smaller lake, on the northern side of that bridge, towards West Hendon..the point is who owns the fishing rights? British Waterways? they are surely not averse to taking a few bob for permission to fish in the section I mentioned? I don't think it could possibly be used by skiiers.