SWINGERS or DANGLERS

W

Wolfman Woody

Coem on then, do you like swing arm indicators or bobbins and chains?

Any make you prefer and why?

Which methods suit each style?

T

trev matthews

Im a swinger always have been always will. I dabbled about with monkey climbers and a few other bits and bobs but do so prefer my nash lightweight swingers

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
A good ball of warbies you used to do the trick ,but you would have to make a few up over the night as they dried and fell off.A bit naff really.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

What the heck is this all about?

Graham - I think some moderation is required here.

I wonder if Ed has got swingers or danglers?

W

Wolfman Woody

Honestly!

The first time I've ever asked a serious question on the carp forum (well, maybe there's haev been others) and all you get is crazy answers of gear that was used in the 1960s. Trust BC to go back to neolithic methods, par boiled potatoes indeed.

Thank you Trev Matthews though. I do have some Nash lightweight swingers. I bought them off Ebay for the stainless banks stick brackets which are the only bits to fit on Solar gear. I've had the monkey climbers too, threw them out about 15 years ago now.

I was looking more for tips on which touse under either certain conditions or with different methods, like slack line fishing or tight and clipped up.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Like Jeff I'd be interested to know about what people use for lack lines as I'm thinking of giving it ago tomorrow!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Nash Featherlight Danglers. Brilliant for short to medium range on the Tench waters depending on any undertow. I think they are the lightest you can get.

I think they do them in different flavours and also ribbed. (o

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Woody, I use the Fox MKII long arm swingers, have done for years, they have a sliding weight that can be set for neutral balance (for slack lines) or when the 2 oz weight is slid towards the head it's ideal for long range.
Does that make sense???

F

Frothey

only use danglers. if i was to use swingers, it swould be for longrange clipped up stuff, they are sensitive enough - but with bolt rigs does that matter?

swingers can be set up for neutral or negative balance, but if i'm fishing REALLY slack lines, the bobbins are on the floor anyway.....

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Frothey if the bobbins on teh floor, how does a drop back register?

F

Frothey

you dont get drop backs with running leads and properly slack lines.

W

Wolfman Woody

I know what you mean Dal, my mate has some.

Intrigues me too Froth. I just recently bought some Nash on chains and they have an inner plastic clip that's supposed to help with backbites. How?

I've seen the bit where the bobbin's on the floor, but ever so slightly raised. Julian Cundiff if I remember rightly, in CF mag.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've also got soem Solar lightweights I can put on chains.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Ahh I was reading about those woody, appearently if you stick the line in the bottom bit the bobbin will actually move with the line. So that should show really delicate indications, but should it be more vicous, or a sudden drop back it will fall back into the normal clip and carry on with indications. Well I think its something like that...

Carpless

Reaction score
Swingers. The waters I fish often get gusts of winds so they blow the bobbin slightly from side to side and i get bleeps on the alarms. Swingers don't rock like that. :)