The Alternative Angler ? Blah-belling

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Another great read Kev, it was great to see you last week, and the badges were cool!

W

Wolfman Woody

I've offered him a good chance of catching a barbel at a certain exclusive hotel stretch, but I think he's too afraid to take it up.

Not scared of finally breaking his barbel 'duck' you understand. It's in case a certain young lady turns up who also happens to frequent the same hotel, for what purpose I have no idea, but the thought of me finally getting to meet her scares the pants off him.

The offer's still open.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Every year you prepare yourself, ready and eager to break your duck and actually catch a fish at Clattercote, this year you really did manage to snare the biggest small skimmer in the whole of Oxfordshire.

Therein lies the problem Kevin, what is there left to achieve, never again will you have that eager anticipation of sitting there willing that first fish to take your cunningly presented bait, Clattercote will never be the same again for you Kevin.

Onwards and upwards eh! Take up Woody's offer and strive to become the 'complete angler'.

J

John Huntley

Kevin
Take up Woody's offer. I think you will have to bring your own clay and lobworms though!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Very nice to see you too Wendy, and a famous personality such as yourself hardly needs a badge, a definite case of over-gilding the lily.

Jeff, there is no chance of you (or me) meeting a certain young lady of our acquaitance at the moment, she is out of the country for the time being, and not expected back for some while.

I know the offer of a day's fishing is there, the qustion is, do I (really)want to catch a barbel? I feel another article coming on..........!

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Wendy, that's a very perceptive thing you've written. Simple but straight to the point and so very true.

This dislike of a species (hatred even, in some cases, and usually of carp and/or barbel) doesn't make sense at all. It's no fault of the fish they've attracted more than their fair share of idiots just because they're a popular species.

I think carp and barbel are fantastic species; hard-fighting and not too hard to catch.

F

Fred Bonney

Here,here!
There you go Kevin,two offers,at least.
Mine includes B&B,by the way.

W

Wolfman Woody

Yeh, well mine's closer and includes a BB.

Bacon butty.

Then again, he could also stay overnight at Graham's favourite lodge and join in the prayer meetings in the evening.

F

Fred Bonney

Part 2

Kevin, a 1.5,without a label, will do, and lobworms are a great bait for Barbel but, like halibut pellets, will not catch just barbel!
Bring your 'pike' rod, if it's flooded.

Oh,and breakfast will be,the works...bacon buttie..huh!!!