John Wilson and his bloody laugh

john blundell

Reaction score
I'm quite a big Fishing progamme watcher. I lap it up whenever possible. Any of the shows on Dsovery interest me, from Trout, to mullet, then oviously the carp and cats that actually do.

Lately though, John 20-laughs-a-second wilson,has reeeeeeally been annoying me!!!

He laughs at anything and everything. Just watching him piking now and he laughs in the middle of single words, at the ends of sentences, the beginning, then laughs when he is playing the fish because it takes line, becasue his rod bends, because the fish changes direction. It's as if it's a shock that it's happened. It's getting to the stage where i can't watch his programmes!

All the TV anglers express thei enjoyment in different ways, but i can't deal with all the laughter from Mr wilson. It's come to a had tonight and caused this thread!!!

Is it just me?!?!?

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

Welcome to the madhouse John, you are addicted? Already? Hmmm, well think about this.....I'd laugh like a bloody maniac too if I could walk into my own tackle shop, take any rod or reel from the rack to try, top up with the best bait in the house, and then be on my way.....but best of all be paid thousands for doing the thing I love most, in locations that most people wouldn't even be allowed to look at, let alone fish.
Oh and yes, I'm as jealous as hell hahaha.

H

Huw

Apart from his inane laughter, at anything and everything. The main thing that aggravates me about J.W., apart from him owning his own tackle shop (very expensive btw), and also owning his own very well stocked lake, is his repetition of particular phrases. It annoys me, "it really does".

C

Colin North, the one and only

What I find annoying is the way he expands every sentence when fishing with the word "whoops"

Bone Collector, if us mere mortals could get access to some of the waters that John Wilson gets on to, I'm sure that many people here would compete very well indeed against him for the title of best "All Rounder" I'm pretty certain that in many instances, the best swims are reserved for him, and probably baited up days in advance of filming. He is a good angler though. Yes I am jealous too.

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

Just watched him on TV, catching skate on a boat with his daughter......." Lovely fish.......LOVELY FISH"...........He's mellowing though, as he gets older, some of the aggression seems to have disappeared.
I think in the old days, possibly the 60s or 70s he used to spend a lot of time mapping the underwater contours of fisheries up and down East Anglia, talk about serve your apprenticeship, I think he did it. He annoys me too sometimes, but you have to admit that he's done a huge amount to popularise the sport over the years.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
First of all John no longer runs or owns the shop, has not done for some time.

Secondly jealousy is a terrible thing.

Finally laughter is good for the soul.

He is the best we have and a great ambassador for the sport.

Who do you want to replace him Mr bloody crooked tooth? No thank you.

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

hmmmmmmmm try addressing your remarks to someone in particular John. If you're saying that I have too much to say, that's tough, it's a free thread isn't it?
I agree with about 50% of what you say Bone Collector........the last two sentences.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Good for you mate.
Don't take that kind of talk from a pig farmer Derek.

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

Baz, I don't take any stick from anyone......it's not in my nature........BTW, how do you know that John is a pig farmer? I thought be was a push-bike rider?

Y

yoggy

Mr Wilson sure enough has his faults and little annoying ways. But dont we all. His laugh which I`m sure annoys a fair amount of people doesn`t bother me at all.In fact he wouldn`t be the same without it. I was brought up watching the "Go fishing" programmes and they gave me the enthusiasm to go fishing.Different generations had different anglers whom they admired and inspired them. John Wilson was mine. Obviously now I`m a grown man I`ve developed my own style and methods of fishing. But in my view JW definatly boosted my angling knowledge and I probably wouldn`t be such of an accomplished angler as I am today.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

John Wilson is indeed a very good all round angler. I doubt if there are many in this country who could equal him for all-round skills. Graham probably could. maybe even Des Taylor.

The problem today is that many of the so-called big names in angling are bloody useless when it comes to certain disciplines. "Crooked Tooth" is typical, can't cast a fly line or fish with a multiplier to save his life. Even I can do that.

D

Derek Emerson (ACA)

Don't worry about it Bone Collector, he's a new recruit...........lol