Whatever happened with...

cg74

Reaction score
... The PAG (Predation Action Group)?

They promised so much, yet failed to answer all my (many) emails except one and that was a polite fob-off.

Are they still going?

Are they collating data on predation issues?

What are their aims/goals?

Have they achieved anything yet?

cg74

Reaction score
Am I to take it they sank without trace?

Seems a bit strange what with all the support generated both here and elsewhere: http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/general-fishing/101994-predation-action-group.html

Never mind, now you've got the English Carp Defence League, no website from what I gather but looky here: Otters – Action at Last?

Anyone here going to actually get involved or just do the forum thing; you know, meaningless pats on the back and congrats for doing something, a big debate that in all honest only establishes that most predators are protected by law and will remain so, but once the PC is switched off, forget all about it.

cg74

Reaction score
Ah, Peter, but were you one of the souls applauding the very idea, I'm quite sure you weren't Fred?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Yorkshire branch of the Institute of Fisheries Management (IFM) are organising a one-day seminar, with the EA's support, to examine the issues of predators in greater depth.
The IFM is a non-profit organisation controlled by members sharing a common interest in the modern management of recreational and commercial fisheries.
Topics for the day will be broadly organised into fish-eating birds, seals, otters and less acknowledged predators such as signal crayfish.
After each session there will be time for you to question the panel of presenters.
The venue is the conference centre at Goole Leisure Centre on Saturday 18 February 2012, between 09:00 and 17:00.
The IFM will be charging attendees a small fee (£10). Tea. coffee and a buffet lunch will be provided.
For more information contact the event organiser, Mike Lee careers@ifm.org.uk