Nightmare on Barbel Street

cheef87

Reaction score
good read thats my local stretch try the dudley angling society stretch just above baa blackstone next time best water around imo

Skoda

Reaction score
Cheers Cheef, I've just checked out the DAS website and I see that Stan is the contact. It looks good.
Andy:)

Skoda

Reaction score
Yeah! I know Sean; Nothing prepares you for moments in life like that. And I still can't catch a Severn Barbel!:(
Andy

john step

Reaction score

Re: Nightmare on Barbel Street

good read thats my local stretch try the dudley angling society stretch just above baa blackstone next time best water around imo

ANDY..time to flee The Severn...come on over to the Trent a proper barbel river

]

Last edited by a moderator:

john step

Reaction score
ANDY..time to flee The Severn...come on over to the Trent a proper barbel river

]

Sorry about the previous persons quote being mucked up. Beginers error.
Anyway..try The Trent particulaly the tidal sections. There are lots of very affordable cards and day tickets available. Even I can catch barbel there.

Skoda

Reaction score
Cheers John, I often cross the Trent on the A1 and it looks pretty good, but I think my problem is the requirement for heavy rigs. For most of my early angling life the biggest problem I had was to decide whether to use a 1/2 oz Arlesey bomb or go up to a 3/4 oz one. I'm just not used to heavy feeders...yet!

Andy:)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
severn....trent...is there much difference, apart from trent anglers wanting to chuck to the horizon all the time. :D

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Jason
Of course there's a difference.

You can tell you're on the Trent by the bonfires, Bivvies, rods pointing skywards ala codding, Lager cans all around and worried looks on anglers faces who've had to leave their cars more than a hundred yards away :)

cg74

Reaction score
severn....trent...is there much difference, apart from trent anglers wanting to chuck to the horizon all the time. :D

I ain't seen much of this going on at Hampton Loade:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tgvz4g2kk4]Extreme barbel fishing on the River Trent with PVA bags - YouTube[/ame]

Might be due to me preferring a bait dropper.:eek:mg:

B

Berty

Makes me cringe that vid does............Severn matchmen did it 20+ years ago. only they applied thought and used 1 rod.