Dead....

E

EC

My Igloo jacket!

Any suggestions for a replacement from the same manufacturer? Bracken fishtails seem to be going quite cheaply, and at 40 quid seem an absolute steal.

Are there any other manufacturers worth considering?

I don't want any old sh*te, such as coats with trendy labels that have only been worn under a brolly/bivvy. And I don't want suggestions off tackletarts or fashion victims. Just suggestions for a good quality coat or suit that you know has stood the test of time in all weathers.

Cheers in advance!

EC

F

Fred Bonney

I don't think you can go far wrong with a Sundridge suit, Eddie.
I think you sea fish,why not get a floatation suit.
Cover all the angles!

E

EC

I've got a sundridge flotation Jacket Fred,spot on it is too, but its a bit heavy and warm for wandering in mate!

F

Frothey

i was talking to someone who isnt connected to ESP but has got some of the new drenchwear, its very,very good. i did point out the old stuff was more like "drenched" wear, but he recons its the danglies.

whether its any better than the sundridge suit for the money is debatable though.....

Y

yoggy

EC, If you`re after a brilliant jacket/suit. That is warm,breathable,waterproof but still light enough to go wandering in then look no further than the Sundridge Bracken suit.

I bought a Bracken suit [jacket/bib&brace] from J&K tackle for less than a 100 quid. It was an absolute steal. I wore it for most of last season. No complaints whatsoever.

E

EC

Dave, was the person the sort who does not use a brolly?

Yogs, unless anyone can persuade me otherwise that seems the front runner! Is yours the fishtail?

I'd like another Igloo, I stole the last 1 for about a oner, now they're nearer 200 rips for the whole suit.

F

Frothey

as it goes, yes.

still not sure i'd pay over the sundridge one though.....

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Have you thought about a different option Eddie, in an effort to cut down on weightI bought some breathable 100% waterproof and windproof trousers and top from one of the outdoor shops. They are as light as a feather and fold up small enough to fit into the pocket of my bag, ideal for summer and I suppose you could even wear them over warm but not waterproof clothing in colder weather if you bought the right size.

Just a thought to save your pennies mate.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Ed, I have a fishtail.The only problem is that whatever size you choose if you have long arms and legs, then the sleeves and trouser legs will be too short.

Very good bit of kit though for the price.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

It deffo it a good bit of kit the Fishtail. Was out in the boat a week or so ago and it was peeing it down non stop. After spending a good two hours sorting spots out and placing markers i can confirm that i was as dry as a bone. No water penitration whatsoever, a good lightweight summer suit it that. The above Igloo though at that price (if its still available) is a bargain and a great warm winter suit.

Y

yoggy

EC, Mine is the standard 3/4 length jacket mate. Dare I say it but its without doubt the best suit to date I`ve owned.[ And I`m really fussy about my jackets!!]

The beauty of this jacket is its still light enough to go roving about in.

E

EC

Woz, I can't make out the relevance of that link mate, cheers anyway lads.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

No clothing except caps and fleeces on that site Wol .......

E

EC

Just ordered the fishtail from JK TACKLE 45 rips incl postage, looks like a steal!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Got my Fishtail jacket with Bib n Brace from JK ?60 quid. Bargain that was.

Above link was for Barbel Fishing World shop, linked worked ok when i put it on, just checked it now its not linking to the Igloo offer.

Offer was ?150 for Igloo 3 complete suit.

Deanos

Reaction score
My mam has a powder blue coat (three quarter length) which she bought for our Denis's wedding two years ago. She says you can have it for thirty quid, AND...she will throw in the hat and handbag, but sod off your not having the shoes as well!