Martin Salter and Mark Lloyd Fail to Address the Issues Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those that are interested, Martin Salter (recently appointed Director of the Angling Trust) posted on a recent thread offering to enter a public debate with me.

He then failed to follow up, and the FM team promptly locked the thread.

Editor, Geoff Maynard has locked me out of sending / receiving messages to him. So I haven't exactly been banned, but then they seem to be trying to gag me for some reason.

The Martin Salter thread had over 2,600 hits when it was locked. It was one of the most lively and popular threads on this forum until FM locked it.

Exercise your democratic rights to post your views here .....

Bluenose

Reaction score
The thread was locked because it had descended into personal comments, indeed that is how it started with your comments about Mr salter.

Your PM and his PM are enabled so you can PM him and arrange this debate.

You may find that Geoff M has simply put you on 'ignore'.

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't blame Geoff for trying to be a bit elusive, this is a very controvercial subject. But I do blame FM for trying to wimp out of it by locking the thread (x 2).

From my point of view, the only leverage I've got to make sure that Martin Salter honours his undertakings is to make it obvious to him that if he doesn't do what he says he's going to do, then he will get criticised on public internet forums like this.

What is wrong with you people? You are behaving like a bunch of control freaks.

Both Martin Salter and Mark Lloyd are big boys. They can defend themselves. They don't need to be molly-coddled like this.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 23:57 ----------

No I haven't. Good idea though! :)

Go on then .... I dare you ....

Bluenose

Reaction score
Maybe he just got bored, however that's for him to answer!

If you go back to the thread which I locked you will see the reasons why I decided to lock it!

You can criticise whom you like within reason and within the terms and conditions of the site part of which I have added below

".....you agree that when using the Website you will not:
• Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or invasive of another's privacy."

Now in your initial posts you said some quite derogatory things which could be construed as being abusive, vulgar and/or obscene. So make your point by all means, but keep the personal abuse off this site!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
What is wrong with you people? You are behaving like a bunch of control freaks.

My fellow moderator reflects the unanimous independent conclusions of all four of us. You are obviously unhappy with the action taken. By all means please use this forums T&Cs to register your displeasure with Ian Welch - Editor of FishingMagic.com

For the avoidance of doubt, Geoff Maynard and Jeff Woodhouse are part of the wider McNab Media team. Ian is the Editor with specific responsibility for the FM website and forum (amongst other things in the group).

In the meantime please be guided by the previous comments from "Bluenose".

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he just got bored, however that's for him to answer!

Agreed

If you go back to the thread which I locked you will see the reasons why I decided to lock it!

Nope, missed that masterful piece of moderation

You can criticise whom you like within reason and within the terms and conditions of the site part of which I have added below

".....you agree that when using the Website you will not:
• Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or invasive of another's privacy."

Now in your initial posts you said some quite derogatory things which could be construed as being abusive, vulgar and/or obscene. So make your point by all means, but keep the personal abuse off this site!

Which ones? I'd be grateful if you could be more specific, so that that I can avoid having to say derogatory things about you. Your quoted terms and conditions seem not disimilar to the Angling Trusts policy on canoe access to inland waterways. It's not a lie. But some may regard it as a terminalogical inexactititude.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Which ones? I'd be grateful if you could be more specific, so that that I can avoid having to say derogatory things about you..

Andy I am unsure as to whether you are in full understanding of said T&C's of this site!

Therefore I respectfully ask that you fully read the T&C's before you post again as I, and I am sure other members, do not wish to read derogatory comments made because you are unaware of specifics.

Once you feel you are aware of the T&C's please contact the editor.

Here's the link.

T&C'S

Many thanks for your contributions thus far!

Reaction score
The reasons for locking the thread were made totally clear.

The actions taken perfectly acceptable, given the t&c's. Indeed trawling back through the thread there have been requests for appropriate standards of decorum. The moderating team feel they have been more than reasonable over this.

The opportunity for redress is available through the editor or owner of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.