Jammy so and so...

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Well me and Dad went out to the canal yesterday after failing on a new lake. We were using exactly the same setups but I had half as many bites.

We both fished a method feeder with a halibut pellet on the end cast every half hour or so and were only casting 6ft apart. Although after 40mins or so dad landed this, we were both ecstatic as a long boat was coming towards us and the carp was by now under the bridge. When the boat came dad put his rod down and the carp decided to sit still (didnt fancy hitting a boat proppeller?) and then when the boat went it just carried on.

After landing it we unhooked, weighed (I'll let you have a guess at the weight) and photographed it infront of a ever growing audience. Then he walked up the road for a pint...

As soon as he came back first cast he had a 9lb 6oz mirror, he then lost a common and landed a 5lber.

I had two takes both of which the fish slipped the hook pretty quickly, I checked the hook and it was razor sharp. Still congrats Dad on some great fish and lets hope we get a bigger one :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's a fattie Christian! The fish I mean ;-)

10.8???

Congrats to your Dad, lovely fish and he looks well chuffed!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done dad....some cracking looking mirror

Mmh do I sense a little jealousy there Christian lol

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Bigger Steve, lots bigger! edit; well not lots, but bigger.

Nah Claudia I caught lots more pike then him for no apparent reason over the winter so its his turn at the moment.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I'm not sure if in the photo the fish just looks small or if its because dads quite big, but on the mat it was huge. Your all a fair way off so I'll just say the weight, right well it weighed in at a very fat 17lbs 10ozs believe it or not!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Bleedin Hell!!!

That is a clonker from a canal, well done that Dad!

I was miles off!!!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Steve you took the words right out of my mouth.....THAT is a clonker!!! first class angling dad

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Theres definatly a few big ones in there as I've helped someone net a 19lber on the same stretch before. Also in a no fishing area further up we've seen a fish mopping algea of the side of the lock cut which looked like it could be (dare I say it) getting on for around 30lbs. It was seriously deep and had a really broad back. It dwarfed any of the other fish around it, which didn't look small by any means.

Anyway enough of that as you say its a clonker and well done dad!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nice one muckers good angling, I think Steves been on the pop after yesterday that's why he was miles out.By the way Christian if he keeps catching too many fish you can always try bumping a few off at the net for him ,it can be hard to net em first time you know!!

T

The Monk

Nice one Dad, my lad fishes the hell out of me, you must give me some tips, canal carp are lovely too