Suffolk Water Park - Open - 25th May 2007

Waveney One

Reaction score
I wasn't fishing myself as I had a two day thing at Roy Marlow's water, The Glebe in Leicester. However I have all the results and once again it was a close match where a number of people had a chance of winning. A lot of the fish were caught down the margins later in the match.

If you want a close match where you need to work at your fishing but it doesn't just become a race to see who can catch the fastest then the Suffolk Water Park is the venue for you.

The results - 19 people fished and there were 12 weights over 20lb with almost everyone having double figures.

1st Matt Dorey - Peg 30 - Unattached - 45lb 1oz
2nd Mick Godfrey - Peg 40 - Viscount tackle - 39lb 10oz
3rd Colin Smith - Peg 3 - Nisa Waveney - 36lb 1oz
4th John Dale - Peg 14 - Unattached - 32lb 7oz
5th & 6th Scott Douglas, Nisa Waveney and Paul Abbott tied with 31lb 2oz apiece from pegs 11 and 36 respectively.
7th Bill Warner - Peg 18 Colchester Preservation Society - 27lb Shockedz
8th Richard Reynolds - Peg ?? Unattached - 27lb 5oz
9th Ray Darnell - Peg 38 - Nisa Waveney - 27lb 3oz
10th Gary Alexander - Unattached - 27lb - 0oz
11th Aaron Coleman - Gipping Valley AC - 23lb 2oz
12th Colin Provins - Gipping Valley AC - 21lb 9oz

As can be seen from the above, the fish have come out from all around the lake with no particular area dominating the top places. So far this year, no peg has won any of the open matches more than once. It truly is as fair a venue as you could wish for from that point of view. You certainly can't write off or be over moon the any particular draw as any peg could produce the winner. That doesn't mean to say the fish are spread through the lakes like currants in a cake, certain areas will hold more fish on certain days but until the match is over no one knows where those areas will be.