Daiwa Mission X 2.25 TC- Any good??

johnbaz

Reaction score
As i've just bought a couple from fleabay and am hoping to collect/pay for them tomozz

They are 12' two piece, I paid a penny shy of £43 each for them, the price googled is around £80 each so unless they're an ancient model I may have done OK..
The shop is only about twenty minutes from me too!

Has anyone used this model before and are they OK??

Cheers, John :)

PS, also 'won' an economy rod pod for around fifteen and a half quid from fleabay too :cool:

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
England Angling: DAIWA Mission X Carp Rod 2011 12ft (CALL FOR 2 OR MORE RODS AT ?72.00 EACH)

You've done pretty well at the price. They are probably a victim of the fashionable test curve arms race. 2.25lb is at least 0.5lb lighter than the vast majority of carpers would contemplate buying these days. However, if you are fishing smaller waters or not chucking to the horizon on big waters, they'll do just fine.

The Mission X is still in the current catalogue so they aren't an ancient range. However, there isn't anything less than 2.75lb which lends weight to my test curve arms race theory.;)

johnbaz

Reaction score
Cheers Sam :cool:

It didn't occur to me that Daiwa would have a wesite :eek::eek:

Perhaps the made a typo in the listing concerning the test curve:confused:

I bought a couple of cheap Baitrunner reels a while ago from another forum (British Blades), hopefully i'll have everything I need by the time spring comes (never had a go at fishing two rods at once :p )

Regards, John :)

johnbaz

Reaction score
Start a thread on the pros and cons of it - it was quite intresting last time out;)
Jerry

I missed it last time around :p

My lad was doing a weekend session for Barbel, in the middle of the night he had a buzz on one of the alarms but it stopped quickly so he went back to sleep..
The next morning when he got up one of his rods had gone:(

There was a poor fish stuck on the other end by the sound of it :eek:mg:

He was fishing with the rods up in the air, it had pulled over the rod rest:eek:hno:

John..

johnbaz

Reaction score
Well

I've been an paid for the rods and collected them, I did an interenet search and it returns nothing at all :confused:

The mod number is MXC 2214, they are definitely 2.25 and are not listed on the Daiwa site, does this mean i've bought a couple of fakes??

I know that almost everything is faked these days and there are little differences between the rods in Daiwa's site and mine :eek:

John :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Well

I've been an paid for the rods and collected them, I did an interenet search and it returns nothing at all :confused:

The mod number is MXC 2214, they are definitely 2.25 and are not listed on the Daiwa site, does this mean i've bought a couple of fakes??

I know that almost everything is faked these days and there are little differences between the rods in Daiwa's site and mine :eek:

John :)

John,
stop worrying. As I said, they are victims of the TC arms race. Both MXC2214 (2.25lb) and MXC2212 (2.5lb) are in the 2009 Daiwa carp supplement catalogue and the 2010 main Daiwa catalogue. They aren't listed in either 2011 or 2012 catalogues. You've simply bought an older rod that was discontinued because the TC was unfashionably low and didn't sell. That's the reason that you've got them cheap. Provided the TC isn't a problem for you, rest easy knowing you've got a bit of a bargain. I really can't see anyone faking a mid to low-end rod of this kind. The chances of it being a fake are negligible.

johnbaz

Reaction score
John,
stop worrying. As I said, they are victims of the TC arms race. Both MXC2214 (2.25lb) and MXC2212 (2.5lb) are in the 2009 Daiwa carp supplement catalogue and the 2010 main Daiwa catalogue. They aren't listed in either 2011 or 2012 catalogues. You've simply bought an older rod that was discontinued because the TC was unfashionably low and didn't sell. That's the reason that you've got them cheap. Provided the TC isn't a problem for you, rest easy knowing you've got a bit of a bargain. I really can't see anyone faking a mid to low-end rod of this kind. The chances of it being a fake are negligible.

Ahh !!

Right Sam

I had wondered if they had been dropped out of the range but it just seemed strange that an internet search dodn't really bring anything up:p

I'm happy with them as I think they will be a bit more forgiving than the poker stiff TC's made for chucking big baits in to the edge of oblivion!!

I'll only be fishing smaller waters anyhow :cool:

Cheers, John :)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm happy with them as I think they will be a bit more forgiving than the poker stiff TC's made for chucking big baits in to the edge of oblivion!!
You got that dead right!

My big carp rods are only 2½lbs TC and I regards them as heavy, but the ones I use most of the time now are 1¼lbs and 1½lbs, both Daiwa Powermesh. Beautiful too.