Fishing in a Winter Wonderland

barbelboi

Reaction score
Another very interesting read Christian. Don't you use a roller on the microwaved bread prior to placing in a plastic bag?
Jerry

chav professor

Reaction score
Another very interesting read Christian. Don't you use a roller on the microwaved bread prior to placing in a plastic bag?
Jerry

I don't Jerry, but it sounds like a refinement... cheers bud! Microwaving certainly improves the texture. I have a few slices of decent white bread in the freezer for a boxing day session for roach. I hope it is ok for punching when it defrosts:eek: I hope the microwave does its buisiness! I shall roll a slice to compare for good measure!

barbelboi

Reaction score
I think it's probably a matter of preference Christian, I've always rolled mine and believe it makes the bread better, some of my friends believe the opposite - so long as we all catch..........
Jerry
PS I'm not sure that I would venture out in such freezing conditions too many times these days, in the words of Fred J 'I'll be pleased when I'm too old for this ******* lark' (or similar)

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Odd isn't it...I've never done anything to my punch bread. I prefer a very fresh loaf & change each slice when it start to dry out. I've never felt the need to do anything different...though I did like a bit of ****ie Carrs "Draw" Roach Attractor [remember that & him] in the crumb.

jimmybobkin

Reaction score
Great article. Almost (but not quite) inspired me to brave the elements myself, but its chucking it down here. Brrrr. Good advice about core temperature though

chav professor

Reaction score
Odd isn't it...I've never done anything to my punch bread. I prefer a very fresh loaf & change each slice when it start to dry out. I've never felt the need to do anything different...though I did like a bit of ****ie Carrs "Draw" Roach Attractor [remember that & him] in the crumb.

Your right there Skip, the bread flake hook bait has more than an enough apeal...... Its the bread crumb I like to add the roach additive - its one by vanden eynde, either roach or aniseed. Both are probably the same thing and I suspect contain a high proportion of ground fennel seeds! Probaly very similar to ****ie Carrs 'Draw' roach attractor.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
"Draw" was a liquid whch [to me] smelled of strawberries. Whether it made a blind bit of difference I dont know but I felt more confident with it...if only that it masked any nasty smells on my hands. I'm never happier than when I've got a bit of bread on. Catch you anything.

Last edited:

caesarson

Reaction score
Nice artical. Winter is my favourite time for roving rivers. I agree that a nice dusting of snow makes all the difference to the beauty of the country side.

soffit

Reaction score
"I have always found that if you can maintain a stable core body temperature, the rest of your body will stay far more comfortable. In fact, if you get it right, I have been known to regularly fish for hours on end in nothing more than a pair of shorts with little or no discomfort in heavy snow storms."

Pull the other leg. It should snap off quite easily...