Oh My God!

honslow

Reaction score
Anyone checked out Andy Little's last column in this week's Anglers' Mail?
Does Andy think we were all born yesterday? If that tench is 12lb 9oz then I've got ten gonads!! Gary, what's going on with the bloke? Is he barking?
Or maybe I'm just jealous that I didn't manage to catch a whacker on my latest trip to Sywell. The only bite I got was from a black lab estimated at over 4olb-plus. It had the tip off my Tunley-built Chimera 2. Massive bummer!!!!!

B

Big Rik

Old big hands... he's always done it, some of his Sway roach were very, very dubious and it's not as if he's a big bloke.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

He probably did not line up the wide angle lens on his photographers camera properly, and he probably needs lessons in using Photoshop.

matt

Reaction score
He' had a reputation for stretching the truth for many years.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I can't understand why people lie about the weight, it's silly! What do they gain from it?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Nothing, everyone else knows there lying. They just improve their ego!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Not sure making unsubstantiated allegations about someones honesty and integrity will go down to well with Magicalia's lawyers should they drop in.

Would you be able to claim that in the AT Greg?I suspect not.

T

Tony Rocca

I suspect not too,...... wonder if old Gregy will manage 20 yrs at the AT as Andy has at AM.

At least Andy Little credits the right water and rigs in his articles.

;o)

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Seriously I would make a fortune as a sperm donor!

Jack in work...Or should that be jack-off work, fill my vials and off fishing !

finally I would get paid for being myself!!

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
I can't understand why people lie about the weight, it's silly! What do they gain from it?

Thats bloody rich coming from a woman, do you want to include age and dress sizes in that as well Wend?

honslow

Reaction score
Rig used as I was told. Venue as you insisted we write. Or maybe you're starting to forget things in your old age Tony... Oh damn, picked up your clumsily presented bait. Again!
You're quite right though, that's an incredible innings by Andy and it was ungracious of me not to mention just what an awesome feat that is. Producing the goods week in, week out for that length of time is amazing. And what a session to sign out on. Five pbs. Incredible! That common carp in particular is a fish any angler would be proud to catch.
There's probably an easy explantion. A mistake must have been made somewhere along the line. Maybe the tench was misweighed? Or perhaps the wrong picture or caption were used? Then again, it certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that, despite having to pass judgement on the weights of photographed fish every day for the past three years, I'm completely wrong and it's every ounce of 12-9. In which case, what a catch! Especially when you bear in mind that, discounting one particular Colne Valley pit, we see what, a mere handful of 12lb-plus tench reported to the press each season? A 'twelve' is truly a massive tench. In short, a f*****g big fish!

T

The Monk

Thats bloody rich coming from a woman, do you want to include age and dress sizes in that as well Wend?

hahahahaha, priceless!

sorry Wend

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Greg, we have had the debate about how hard it is to judge the weight of fish from a picture lots of time on here.Call me naive, but unless there is clear evidence that a mistake has been made/untruth told I err on the side of the captor.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Took it like a man Monk, took it like a man, haha. He's always picking on me this rag and bone man!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I haven't seen the picture in AM, but, what if he's not lying? I know i have had some stick from people who have said that is never the size i say it is. It is so annoying when people say that to you, and you know that you weighed it and the scales showed the weight you are claiming.

Then again, if you are lying about the weight, people are going to notice so why bother lying.

How can you judge a weight by a photo?

honslow

Reaction score
It's very difficult Wendy. It helps if people photograph fish properly - held close to their body, side on.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers Greg, i'll remember that . I love some of the shots that are done in AT like that. But when your on your own fishing, it's difficult to get someone off the bank to take shots like that. They kinda take a quick snap then want to get back to their own swim.

I think i must invest in a good camera with robot included :eek:}

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Wendy if someone knocks the weight of your fish and you know it was that weight who gives a stuff ,don't let it get you down you know and that's all that matters.