What ******** would go fishing on Christmas day?

soffit

Reaction score
If its not raining too hard I might be back in time for breakfast. Herself quite likes having the house to herself...

john woody

Reaction score
me if i could go to cudmore :) but i don.t think it would go down to well with the wift. and kid.s

terry m

Reaction score
I get cut a lot of slack throughout the year, but fishing on Christmas Day would be pushing my luck just a bit too far.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I think it depends on whether you have kids or not.....I've done Boxing Day in the past but Christmas Day belongs to the family-no exceptions!!

Weather looks good generally, and I hope those who go out put a few on the bank!

ps I could have gone as the wife is having a lay-in, but even that promises much.......................................nah!!!

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
In earlier years Christmas/Boxing days were always divided between the two sets of in-laws so fishing wasnt an issue.

On the Wear there was for many years a well attended Boxing Day charity match (all proceeds to a local hospital)

However the local canoe community got wind and decided to hold a drunken paddle on the same day/section. Not content with spreading their departure times to disrupt almost the entire match they took to to towing all sorts of objects to further disturb the water/fishing :mad: Such lovely accommodating people :rolleyes:

In recent years (until very recently) I always managed to get a few hours chubbing on Boxing day

Last edited:

soffit

Reaction score
Got an hour's fishing in after a six mile hike around the lake and the usual fartoobigchristmasdinner. I was as sharp as a nail whilst fishing but as soon as I stopped I couldn't stop yawning.

There's a bloke who has been camping rather ineptly in the woods near us for a couple of months. The wife popped him a goodie bag of some tobacco/SloeGin and some mince pies this morning. This afternoon,whilst fishing, a dog had a serious attempt at a couple of slices of bread I had as bait. The owners apologised and mentioned their dog had scoffed some mince pies left outside a rather makeshift tent in the woods....

dangermouse

Reaction score
Got an hour's fishing in after a six mile hike around the lake and the usual fartoobigchristmasdinner. I was as sharp as a nail whilst fishing but as soon as I stopped I couldn't stop yawning.

There's a bloke who has been camping rather ineptly in the woods near us for a couple of months. The wife popped him a goodie bag of some tobacco/SloeGin and some mince pies this morning. This afternoon,whilst fishing, a dog had a serious attempt at a couple of slices of bread I had as bait. The owners apologised and mentioned their dog had scoffed some mince pies left outside a rather makeshift tent in the woods....

Hope it wasn`t a beagle or the tobacco will have gone too. :D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It's nice when people do things for others that are not so lucky...Merry Christmas!

mark

m chapman

Reaction score
Well i go every Christmas day,last year was the first ive missed for years, usually go on local canal fish punch and can catch three or more pound of roach, this year went to a local lake, weather brilliant if a bit breezy and had two nice skimmers, two crucians a pound apiece, loads of roach and perch on the pinkie.The ducks were breeding, or going thro the motions, back for dinner at four o clock.Thats what Christmas is about for me