A1 Pits

Wayne Bradford

Reaction score
Hi all has anyone got any info on a1 pits in muskem as it looks good from the website and me and my m8 are thinking of night fishing it but we need more info than what the website gives us

Tight Lines :)

B

Brendan Ince i carnt spell

207 Church Road
Tranmere
Birkenhead
Wirral
CH42 0LD
i know you probly tryed this road wayne but drop them a line its there waters and they should want to now about it ?

Blunderer

Reaction score
From another website:

I think I visited a form of angling hell last week.

I went to visit a well known group of pits just off a major road in the Midlands, with a view to possibly fishing there. It is next door to my Mother-In-Laws and could provide a worthy excuse to slip away in pursuit of a plump carp.

I can only describe what I saw as the antithesis of everything I love about fishing.

It was the warning signs which alerted me to the fact that this place was different. Badly written, hastily constructed, obviously ignored. "You will be evikted if you yuse a kepnet". "You must dip youre nets. This meens you!" They were everywhere.

There must have been over 100 people fishing on these pits. Every peg had a bivvy. And every peg had a car parked right next to it. And quite a lot had caravans. So as you looked around these featureless pits you were faced with a skyline of vehicles. All vegetation had clearly been removed from the lakes to enable more anglers to squeeze in. Friends stood around in the afternoon gale on each others pegs, grimly drinking warm lager from discounted cases. Outside the caravans people had set up tables to eat from, their radios blared as they played football with their skinheaded sons. Their rod pods sat, motionless, like unused gun batteries. The wind made them squawk occasionally, audible at 400 yards. People wandered from peg to peg, in full camoflage, talking loudly, laughing, drinking.

The roar of the dual carraigeway filled the air wherever you went. The bridges the road sat on were right next to the pegs on the Eastern Bank. They were covered in graffiti, littered to capacity with booze bottles, condoms, syringes, burnt out cars. The legions of carp squaddies seemed oblivious to this as they stared at the grey lake, spitting and swearing into their mobiles as their afternoon lager kicked in.

I had entered fishing hell.

Foxy

Reaction score
lol blunderer, think we all know 1 maybe 2 lakes like that. Annoys me to, doesnt really do the image of our fishing much good!

Nice post

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Always wondered what bannisters was like. I go to the fly fishery Mere Beck just down the road. Looks like i will not be visiting.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

At least fisheries like this keep the numpties in one spot.

S

Stevie 12345

Bryan- wonder no more it must be the most poorly managed fishery in the country- the farmer reminds me of something out of the deliverence.

Milo

Reaction score
Bannisters! Ha Ha! Nice one! The last sentence on the rules sign there says, "No Whining", I kid you not!

Milo

Reaction score
I drove into the place a few weeks ago to see how the rats were(!), and there were three anglers sat alongside each other in a row of pegs. Anyway, one of them gets a fish on, and god knows what it was he was doing, he's waving is rod everywhere! Next thing he loses the fish, he's jumping up and down screaming and swearing, chucking rods, kicking his chair, the works! I nearly pi**ed myself howling with laughter, jumps in the car, waves to the rats, and drove to a better venue for a nosey!

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
i live 15 miles from them and i would give up fishing if they were the only place to fish what a s---hole dont bother mate travel just a little further down the road and give cromwells a try a bit dearer but quality place to fish or even shapphires which is next door honestly mate dont do it to yourself