New Season Goals?

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Well, ladies and gentlemen,

The new season is nearly upon us (yes, i know we can still fish stillwaters, but it still feels the same on the evening on the 15th...)

So do any of you have any goals for the new season?

Mine are:-

5lb tench

3lb crucian

20lb+ carp

Double figure barbel

Catch a ruffe (i have found out where some live!!!)

And that old favourite....

2lb roach

Waht are yours?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Catch a few fish :)

That aside; a 10lb barbel (I might get lucky). a bream from a local resevoir I'm not fussed on size as I'll be chuffed just to catch a fish from it. When winter comes a 15lb + pike would be nice to!

Dave Smith

Reaction score
My goals this year are based around three species. Eels, Perch and Pike. I've got my venues sorted for Eels and Pike, just need to locate some waters with decent Perch in. I've not set any weight goals this year (for these speices), but the waters that I've identified are capable of producing fish of a specimen size.

Eels will take a precedence until September, but as I'll only be doing quick overnight sessions for them I'll be doing a little Carp/Tench and Bream fishing. now weights wise for these I'd like to get close to my old Personal Bests (before I packed in) so Carp over 20lb (PB's 24.10) Tench over 8lb (PB's 8.12) and Bream over 10lb (PB's about 11.03)... I'm on a bit of a role at the moment so hopefully this will carry forward and I'll get somewhere close to these figures. not only that but my fishing has been terrible for the past 6 months or so.

This was posted on another forum a few weeks ago, I've since caught a 23.02 carp and almost done the Bream one with a 9.15 fish.

Dave
www.PredatorAngling.co.uk

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

My goals are to get as much fishing done as work and family commitments permit and enjoy myself as much as I have always done.

My one specific goal would be a 2lb roach on the float but that is more in hope than expectation.