Tale of 2 Companies

Big Bazza

Reaction score
I thought this may be of interest???
About 2 years ago I invested in the modulator BOSS Box to replace my original 7 Drawer BOSS Box which had given up the ghost after some 15 years. I had not really used it in earnest till recently when I found that the adjusting knobs for the legs crushed upon eachother even though I had erected it correctly. This was obviously an engineering problem as Boss had corrected this in the newer Modulator models. I contacted BOSS and asked if I could purchase the new base unit as I was experiencing these problems...remember purchase!! To my shock and much pleasure BOSS agreed to send me a replacement Base unit FOC (next Day delivery)as long as I could return my old one upon receipt of the new one. Well I decided to take my old one back personally just in case BOSS wanted the new legs and Footplate back which weren't the problem ....no BOSS said keep the lot and apologised for any inconvenience..... Now try Preston Innovations...... I recently purchased the new G210 pole circa ?2k. This was not a normal purchse regards price my other poles were around the ?800 price range, but hey ho I decided to treat myself. It turnt up at the shop over a week late after I was assured it was in stock and being dispatched that day minus the holdall. The shop owner luckily had the pole himself and let me have his holdall all beit used. Now having had Maver & Garbolino Poles I would say I am proficient with said apparatus not a master but just about ok so can you imagine my disappointment when the No5 section broke whilst playing a massive 11/2lb F1. The break was circular and clean with no splitting or crushing.I contacted Prestons next day and explained the situation and they said that if I return the section at a cost to me they would consider offering me a replacement. I was not happy so I went back to my retailer who ordered me a replacement. This turnt up 5 days later...... So now for my next match.... I put together my Preston Cupping Kit (I never used at the other match as I only fished 8m and used a CAD pot)which came supplied with the pole ....guess what it does not fit it only pushed on an inch up the joint and was not the Genus model. Back to the Retailer whom again let me have his from his pole!! Now I emailed Prestons just about 10 days ago... and yes I have not had an answer as to why when spending ?2k on a pole that is supposed to be a top of the range model you suffer these problems. I will say that whilst the pole is superb....I wish I had bought a Garbolino or Diawa as I have never had such poor service from these companies.Do BOSS make Poles?????