rod licence

Gareth Richards 5

Reaction score
wy dont sea anglers pay for a licence,i
think they shoud because we buy the licenceto hold 2 rods, not the right to fish so they they shoud pay

alan

Reaction score
i dont pay for a licence to sea fish for a few reasons,

1) the ea do not restock the sea with fish when the stocks gets low, in fact all advise is ignored and the fish are hounded to extinction.

2) the ea do not monitor water conditions and take action when needed, did you know that when the thames was flooded with sewage and estimated 1400tonnes of sea life(fish crabs etc) were killed, all the fuss was made about the course fish.

3) the ea struggle to police the fishing licence for fresh water, what hope have they got with an estimated 34,000 miles of coast line?

4) why should anglers pay a fee to fish the sea when the trawlers are raping the sea leaving us with the scraps?

5) why should sea anglers pay to fish when our veiws currently amount to squat? sea anglers called for an increase in the minimum landing size of bass to preserve stocks. the goverment agreed, then days before the increase changed their minds as the smaller size are a better fit for peoples plates, never mind the fact they have not bred at the current size.

if you do some research, 90% of sea anglers are prepared to pay a licence, if the money is used to proctect the fish stocks, but the whole time we are ignored why the hell should we pay?

in fact other then "because course anglers do" give me one valid reason why sea anglers should have a licence.

Wayne Bradford

Reaction score
Now Would i pay if i didn't have to i hate paying for it now as most places charge aswell what the hell to we pay for anyway its not like they do a lot just another way for the goverment to make money

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
The kind people at the EA sent me two licenses this year. Now I'm sure I have only paid for one, statement says so, and I never use more than two rods. Should make an interesting chat with a bailiff if ever I meet one!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Everyone and anyone using the water ways should pay. Drop the rod bit and call it a water licence, so lets get some cash from the boats that let all the sh-t into the water.

A licence for anglers who still only like to fish the old season, i dont think they should pay for 12 months like the rest of us, do you?.

The EA are quick to say how many they catch without a licence, but they dont tell us how many times they fail to come out when called. We dont have enough money to patrol waters, GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES THEN, catch those fishing our rivers out of season, fine them and bingo more money.
Its time the EA did something and took action, they could sell a version of the big issue, called Hopeless