gear you just can't get rid off

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I have a 3ft Browning feeder rod that hasn't been used for about 2 years and then it was a one off because I deceide I really aught to use it

I ahve rods better suited to my fishing and should really sell the rod but somehow I just can't

what about you - do you have some piece of gear you just can't part with?

caesarson

Reaction score
I donate any gear I want rid off to a kids match to be handed out as prizes.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
a 3ft Browning feeder rod
A 3ft feeder rod. You sure? :confused:

I have Connor's carp rod, an Abu Suverain 2½lbs TC job although it's more like a 2¾lbs one, and I just cannot sell it. I bought it for him and would happily send him the money, I don't think he'll ever come back here to use it (never know though after his latest experience). Still I can't sell it, it's far too good and one rod alone just won't make any money so there's a practical reason too.

Also have a 10ft Team Daiwa Combo tip, swingtip and a quiver tip, and I just can't part with that. Nor a Daiwa 11ft Harrier quiver rod, it suits some stillwaters, but then I have other rods that do just as well. At least they're not eating anything.

caferacer

Reaction score
3ft or 13ft I have a philosophy- if selling it is more grief than what its worth and will bring pleasure to others less fortunate or young and broke then just give it away,seriously,just root through your shed/collection.

gingerbeard

Reaction score
Got a couple of old reels, but tend to leave them aside for the kids. Have a cracking 12 ft Browning float rod, a real beauty, hardly used, but will never part with it, because when I do feel like a bit of float fishing, then this rod is rather special to me.

My problem these days tend to be more with camera lens that I've acquired in recent years, have a couple of Canon lenses, which I keep promising the missus I'll sell, but they are still sat here as "spares".

Maybe my New Years resolution, should be an overall and clearout of any unused fishing & camera gear.

caferacer

Reaction score
Thats the spirit!
Got a couple of old reels, but tend to leave them aside for the kids. Have a cracking 12 ft Browning float rod, a real beauty, hardly used, but will never part with it, because when I do feel like a bit of float fishing, then this rod is rather special to me.

My problem these days tend to be more with camera lens that I've acquired in recent years, have a couple of Canon lenses, which I keep promising the missus I'll sell, but they are still sat here as "spares".

Maybe my New Years resolution, should be an overall and clearout of any unused fishing & camera gear.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Far too much.:eek:
I'm sat on a fair bit that has been usurped. Some will never be sold, some should be but I can't be bothered/face it, some is just too old to be worth selling but not old enough for anyone to get excited about.
I do give a fair bit away to deserving new homes though.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have found that you can get rid of most unwanted tackle, Its the so and so's that won't give you the asking price and the ones that want ow't for now't that I have trouble with!
I had a guy call me once that was interested in a maver reactorlite rod I was selling he told me he would defo give me the asking price of £100 (it was mint, only used 4 times) but when he arrived at my house he told me that he would only give me £60 as he came over from Rotherham in his shogun and it used a lot of fuel! I told him that it was not my problem and I would not drop the price, muttering under is breath he left slamming the door! Some folk just take the pi$$! I sold that rod two days later to a nice old guy and I knocked him a tenner off for his manners!

Mark

johnbaz

Reaction score
I gave a few rods and other stuff to mate when his lad wanted to start fishing- that was about eight or ten years ago and since I only started fishing again recently, I don't have anything that I don't use now (have to get some Carp gear actually :D )

John :)

Last edited: