Add your Favourite Fishing Spots!

bruce1980

Reaction score
Hi!

Just been mapping all my favorite fishing spots on a Google map and though it'd be good if anyone wanted to add theirs too!?

If enough people add their local spots the map should eventually be a good reference for everyone!

I've opend the map so anyone can edit but if you're adding your spots, please try and be accurate!

Favourite Fishing Spots - Google Maps

Cheers,
Bruce!

bigchub

Reaction score
Hi!

Just been mapping all my favorite fishing spots on a Google map and though it'd be good if anyone wanted to add theirs too!?

If enough people add their local spots the map should eventually be a good reference for everyone!

I've opend the map so anyone can edit but if you're adding your spots, please try and be accurate!

Favourite Fishing Spots - Google Maps

Cheers,
Bruce!

I'd love to add mine but these days I've become more of a secret squirrel when it comes to the parts of my local river that I know will produce when the time is right. Not giving much away these days! ;)

soffit

Reaction score
If I showed you mine I would have to kill you.....

to stop you laughing

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
may take a few days to pinpoint all my fave spots so be patient and I will
reveal all . Would you like post codes and photos of flyer swims?
Sorry can't help with parking......

bruce1980

Reaction score
I think people are missing the point! For people quite new to the sport (such as myself), finding places to fish isn't as easy as it sounds! I've searched the web for a 'Fishing Venues Directory' but am starting to think such a thing doesn't exist! The only places I've fished up to now are places friends have told me about or that the guy in my local tackle shop has recommended but it'd be nice to have all the info in one place!
I'm not asking you to reveal your 'secrets', which peg is best, what bait, what technique or what depth to find those monsters! All I suggested was we all contribute to a map of fishing venues!
Maybe I should post it in the beginners section, members there might not be as reluctant to share their knowledge!

bruce1980

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff! Found this one while I was searching but when I used the seach within miles box it came back with nothing within 100 miles of my postcode! Needless to say I didn't stay on the site for too long!
BUT... Just tried it again and it seems if you put a full postcode in (SK14 4XX) it returns no results, however, if you just enter the first part of your postcode (SK14) it works! Roman Lakes, here I come!
Might be worth telling the site admin about it! Would probably reduce bounce rate quite a lot!
Thanks again! :)

bruce1980

Reaction score
Cheers Sam! That waterscape one is ace! 198 places within 20 miles of me! Should keep my busy for a while!