Still alive

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Dear fellow Fisingmagic'ers

Just a brief note from Paharganj, the popular traveller's area of steamy New Delhi.

Arrived here at 1.00 a.m. on Thursday to a temperature of 90 degrees. It's well over hundred during the day. Bearable (just), despite the pollution.

The rods are still in the tube, they will get a first airing on a tributary of he river Beas in the state of Himachal Pradesh, 250 miles north of here. Target: Brown Trout on the fly. The Goyt will never seem the same again!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Have a good en Ric......

Don't pee in the river....there are micro fish that can swim up your urine flow enter your body and give you a sex change.

Send for Cakey, if you forget!

Spiros

Reaction score
New delhi is a wonderful place if a bit hectic! If you walk towards the main train station (on the main road to connaught place) there are some great eateries with tandoori ovens on the street serving wicked chicken dishes, also try the street vendors selling pakora and fresh coconut.
It's worth a walk away from Conaught place past the station whish will take you to the fish market.
From what I remeber of the place there is no electricity between 9am - noon and all the hotels use generators which casues most of the pollution.
Wish I was there now!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

That Indian food is a load of crap........

Curries were invented to hide the taste of the rotten chicken because they didn't have fridges ..

Spiros

Reaction score
That may well be the case in Liverpool as all the fridges have been nicked!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

So YOU reckon curry was invented in Liverpool ......... Amazing !!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Agreed with Paul!

Good luck with the trip Ric, keep us updated.

C

Cakey

yes Ric I sorted Paul out when he forgot

now we call him shirley

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Food so far has been great. I've had Thai, which was excellent. Had a thali yesterday which I ate without any cutlery, local style!

I'm getting a train to Chandigarh today to meet a friend. On tuesday I'm off to Shimla, which at nearly 7000 feet, should hopefully be a bit cooler!! Start of fishing country as well...

S

Sean Meeghan

Isn't the Shimla a curry house in Bradford? Wish I was there Ric (India not Bradford!). Went to Bangalore a few years ago and really liked it. The social life there was spookily English though - a few beers and then off for a curry.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Sounds good to me Sean!! I'm meeting someone in Bangalore in October to do some camping and fishing on the Cauvery. No beer here in Delhi unfortunately, unless you want to pay 3 quid a pint in some poncy 5 star hotel. Hopefully Shimla will be different, I've got a right thirst!