nanofill line!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just been on the harris sportsmail website and on the new items listing they have a new product from Berkeley called nanofill, it claims it is not a mono, flouro or braid but a multifillament line and what I can see it looks to be a quality product but it is rather expensive at £17.99 for 125m!!!
take a look and see what you think.

Mark

sam vimes

Reaction score
Er...Sorry Sam, I thought I had seen something on here but wasn't sure!
Well, have you tried it yet then?

Mark

Yep, used the four pound for a day's trotting and a day waggler fishing for stillwater roach. I've also got some twelve pound that I haven't got round to putting on a reel yet.

George387

Reaction score
Here is what I think of Nanofil after buying it it November:

From my Blog

Bought a 125yds spool of this yesterday and loaded it onto one of my pins, I chose the 4.kg which equates to 8lbs the same Breaking Strain I'm using for Fused Crystal,Set up and started fishing in what I would describe as a heavy but fish able water, I hooked a Small Branch Fish and stood there & watched one of my porcupine & Balsa floats disappear down the river, the first float I've lost in years

I re tackled up and started fishing again, within 2 or 3 minutes I was watching the 2nd Porcupine & Balsa float I had lost in years disappear down the river

This got my alarm bells ringing so I started inspecting the line, & wrapped it around my arm and gave a tug & immediately it snapped on several occasions I did this all resulting in the same thing the line snapping, if I had done this with fused Crystal my arm would ache from the amount of strain.

Berkeley Nanofil Sorry but I will never use again and wont recommend it to anyone as a trotting mainline. Needless to say I packed up & came home and instantly cut it off the pin & replaced it with fused Crystal, £17.99 worse off 2 floats lost but lesson learned...Stick with what you know. Berkley Fused Crystal Everytime

sam vimes

Reaction score
George,
I can only wonder if you had a bad or poorly stored batch. On reading your experience again, I thought I'd check my 4lb Nanofil. While it breaks differently to mono, there's no give before it lets go, it certainly took a decent effort to break. Mine certainly doesn't snap like cotton as yours did. I'm not even going to try the same test with the 12lb.:eek:

soffit

Reaction score
Yer, it had to be a dud spool. the only comment that gave me concern on the face of it was about super thin lines damage to fish mouths. Worth looking out for by those using it.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yer, it had to be a dud spool. the only comment that gave me concern on the face of it was about super thin lines damage to fish mouths. Worth looking out for by those using it.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I never, ever use braid intended as mainline for a hooklink.