Hi

Steve Hurst

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm from Stoke, 41 years old and have been fishing since 1977. I have fished matches, for carp quite seriously, and had the odd saltwater bash. Enjoyed every minute.

Nowadays ( last 2-3 seasons ) I mostly fish the River Dove for barbel and chub. It's a challenging river for my standards of ability but I am enjoying going through the learning curve. Had barbel to 12.14 and chub to 5.06, even a 7.04 bream from a fastish glide between the streamer.

Also I have recently been lure fishing the local T & M canal for perch and pike and am really enjoying it. I can see myself going a bit more seriously for the perch in the future.

Every time I seem to google something to do with fishing then Fishing Magic seems to be at the top of the page....so I joined and I think it's the best fishing site on the web by a very long shot.

Cheers all

Steve

chav professor

Reaction score
Welcome Steve... I love the sound of the River Dove, I have heard its a super river. I don't know what it is about a river, but it gets under the skin and becomes a part of you. I think this is especially the case if you have to work hard to get fish of specimen proportions.

Steve Hurst

Reaction score
Welcome Steve... I love the sound of the River Dove, I have heard its a super river. I don't know what it is about a river, but it gets under the skin and becomes a part of you. I think this is especially the case if you have to work hard to get fish of specimen proportions.

You're spot on there fella, couldn't put it better myself. Found a lovely stretch, fished it about a dozen times this season and have yet to see another angler there. Bliss.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.