Charity Auction for...

C

Cakey

right Steve King donated an Abu 444A reel
on the side theres a silver plate which says "ABU SVANGSTA 444A"
the reel is in two tone green
its pretty and its in full working order

we are wishing to auction it off on here and will give it 14 days

all monies to go to the charity bash being held at Snetterton 22/23rd of June in ain of the East Anglian Air Ambulance

offers please and photos available on request

thanks again to Steve

C

Cakey

where the reel seat touches the rod if you know what I mean it says "product of sweden 087100 " is that a serial number .....I dunno

S

Steve King

A little bit of history about this reel: the reel was bought as part of job lot of stock from a tackle shop that closed down in the 90's. It is thought that the reel was taken in part exchange and then sat in a cupboard for several years.

The shop that bought the stock gave the reel to a mate of mine knowing that he had an interest in old reels.

Unfortunately my friend had to give up fishing for both financial and health reasons. I bought quite a bit of tackle from my friend and he threw the Abu reel in as a freebie. As nice as the reel is, I don't really have the space to start my own tackle museum and so I was going to sell the reel on E-bay, but this is a much better cause.

T

Tony Rocca

One of these recently went on e-bay for ?80, If I didnt already have 3 I would be bidding on it.

Come on you tight lot, its worth more than ?30.

C

Cakey

if it dont make ?40 we will try it on e-bay .............youve been warned

H

Huw

Come on then lads, and lasses, I'll go to the ?40. Ante up folks!