Cheap spod rod

Beaker

Reaction score
I am in need of a spod rod but because I have a family bills etc I only have a budget of £50-£55 any ideas

agamemnon

Reaction score
i have a spod about 4" long and use my carp rod. does the job fine, it might take a little longer to get a ton of bait out but it saves the extra hastle of carrying another rod and reel.
to make my life even easier i have my margin rod set up with the terminal tackle connected via a snap link swivel so its a 30 second job to remove the lead and hook link and connect my spod

little oik

Reaction score
I use a carp rod with a mini spod .Saves on reels as well .If you go for a full monty spod you will eventually need a new reel as well ,as the reel's spindle will not last the distance (no pun intended). A full Spod (large ) puts tremendous strain on the reel due to using the line clip and heavy weights when it hits the clip.

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

What about one of thoses CK Synapsis rods sold by DragonCarp. 12ft 3.5lb test curve and only £30.

You will then have a rod that will work as a spod and marker float rod, as well a a really good long distance rod.

There have been a number of reviews of this rod both online and in the paper press and all of them rate the very highly.

Paul

Beaker

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, after much thought I am going to go for the small spod approach and will be in Hinders soon to purchase some Korda mini Skyraiders. Cheers.