Daves of Middlewich fishing shop

Blunderer

Reaction score
If any of you noticed, I ran a thread recently on my stupid impulse purchase of Steve Neville bite alarms.

I was in a rush, knew them by reputation and picked three up to replace my old Fox MMX's.

It was only when I got on the bank I realised there was no volume or sensitivity control, rendering them pretty much useless for me, someone who likes his alarms as quiet as possible and who often fishes in bad conditions.

I returned them to the shop last week and, no questions asked, they exchanged them for a set of Delkims.

Well done, Daves, excellent customer service.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I have used Daves for years and am very loath to go anywhere else, even though there are nearer shops.
I once asked him how he turns his casters. He took me down in the cellar and explained from start to finish how they do them. Oh, and the place was spotless. Also I baught three items from him recntly amounting to ?90. He threw a book in worth ?9 for free.
Brilliant shop, brilliant people.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, Baz.

Most shops I go in have an extremly annoying habit of putting all the "small" carp stuff behind the counter. This is the exact stuff you want to look at, hold etc. It is exceptionally irritating to deal with some clueless staff memeber who doesn't know what you mean when you say you want to look for a hook with a long shank etc. So he wanders around while you say "there, no. no to the left, no, down one row" etc.

Trafford Angling supplies, as an example.

Ot a shop where they have all the Fox hooks but none in barbless, or no size 8s, becuase their stocking has been poorly organised.

Britain's Angling Supplies, Bolton, as an example.

Daves stuff is all out on display and the stock is excellent..

Reaction score
Never used Dave's but frequently hear their praises sung on the banks of Bay Malton waters.

Could I "big-up" Edgeley Sports in Stockport, been using them for years and always receive excellent service, plenty of good advice, a range of cheery insults and of course...that ruddy nickname they gave me years ago.

G

gerry hardwick

daves is one of the best shops around,i always call in on the way to the dane,for a look and the bait is spot on and the staff are always really helpful

S

Stevie 12345

Talking of good tackle shops I always rate Ted Carters in Preston- have all the gear and despite how busy they are they will always spend the time to help, they have different guys for the different sections pole, carp, game etc. so your more likely to get better advice on what you buying. Always up for a bit of discount too!