Boilie Help!

Carpless

Reaction score
Just started making my boilies for this weekend. Did a small practice mix to get everything right. Worked a charm and had 3 perfectly shaped firm boilies. Upscaled the mix to make more and now I keep gettin out of shape and not as firm boilies. Does anyone know what this means? Too much egg, too much base mix, water too hot? Anything, please. Am in a hurry because I won't have any time after tonight to do them.

craftycarper2001

Reaction score
before or after boiling m8
if before.
when u say not as firm is it a little sticky it should be like play dough m8
if it is sticky keep adding base mix if u get to a point were it only a little sticky wrap it in cling film for 10 to fifteen mins will slide out the gun lovely

if after.
how long are u boiling for too soft after boiling for 1.5 mins then boil for 3 mins max. make sure the water does not come off the boil .

F

Frothey

if it slides easily out of the gun, its not stiff enough! you should end up with pop-eye arms if you're doing it properly.

sounds like you need to add more base mix, add some, let it rest, then keep going until it doesnt stick to you're hand any more.

craftycarper2001

Reaction score
yep forgot about that sorry (i use a compressor gun) but putty like consitstancy / play dough

matt

Reaction score
how many baits are you boiling at a time?

If youve put too many in the pan they reduce the temp of the water so affecting the boiling time.

Carpless

Reaction score
Cheers guys. I added more base mix as you instructed and then decided to up the amount of ground rice going in. That really helped and I've now got my bait for the weekend. Cheers