River Canoeists

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
S

Steve King

Hi Clive

Neither of your links work. I can find the petition on the No 10 website, but I can't find the PM's response.

Reaction score
Steve - I am trying to edit the message but am a little inexperienced. I will try to post just the url on is own - Clive

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I did not agree with the petition but I am pleased with the government's position on this.It would seem that even if the canoe lobby bring a prvate membrs bill for "Right to paddle" the necessary government time to allow it to become law will not be forthcoming.

I note that consulatations on access agreements are to take place with stakeholders.Who as a matter of interest will represent angling stakeholders in the consultation?

The consultation based approach to mnuch of government these days really does mean that there is an urgent need for a unified angling body.Do not metion NUBA because that will never be it.

Reaction score
Is it possible that as the Environment Agency, who have been asked to "work with other stakeholders to draw up strategic plans" will add weight and rational argument in favour of anglers? After all the are recipient of considerable sums of money from us each year whilst receiving none from canoeists. It would appear that no angling organisation or body can really survive and have teeth unless the agency is on board with them.