Shakespeare President Quiver

S

Stuart Johnson

I need some push in quivers for the above rod(model no. 1883/350)the rod has been discontinued. Can any body help or have any ideas where I can get replacements. Many thanks.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Stuart,
This is strange, I have a Shakespeare President Quiver 1883-350 extra butts action:C30 and have had it for years but it only has the one tip which is spliced into the top section. Do your rod guides have dark green whipping with gold tipping?

S

Stuart Johnson

Rodney,
Its not my rod its the father in laws. He did say that there were two types one as you describe and one with push in quivers. He did check the model No. and it is 1883/350. He has asked for my help in locating the quivers or a second hand rod.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahh I see perhapse it's the C30 part which seperates the two 'cause 1883-350 is the model number on the butt section, hope someone can help.

S

Stuart Johnson

Apparently the original model did have a spliced tip. I beleave these rods were made for Bream fishing in Ireland where a big chuck was needed. But the spliced tip was not sensitive enough for the matches in England. So they updated the model with push in tips. The rod with the push in tips are also green with gold tipping. The fit is so good you can not tell the tip is push in. The farther in law used the rod when he did a lot of match fishing in Ireland and England, over the past 6 months or so he has started the match game again. This is his favorite Breaming tool hense my request for help.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I found the rod to be great for the canal, I've had fish as small as 2oz perch, roach & gudgeon and as large as a 7lb carp on it the tip is very responsive but the rod is quite strong further down, it is 11'6" and the only thing I don't like about it is the handle it's the black sponge type with sliding reel fittings but they are a tight fit so the reel doesn't fall off. The only way you can tell there is a splice on the model I have is the section the tip is spliced into has a strengthening weave around it and you can feel the difference when you run your hand over then it gets smooth on the quiver.

S

sam oddy

Stuart, I don't know if this sounds too obvious but have you tried Shakespeare themselves? I had a similar problem a few years ago with a small picker type rod and although it had been discontinued for some time they came up with a compatible tip.

BTW the turnround time was less than a week and the service was foc. I'd quite forgotten what a good company Shakespeare are!

S

Stuart Johnson

Sam, I have tried to locate a telephone No. but I have failed, I have also searched the web and failed again. So if any one has a contact No etc. please post. Thanks

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sorry Stuart, I thought you had tried them already...here's there details

Shakespeare Company (UK) LTD
Po Box 1
Broad Ground Road
Lakeside
Redditch
Worcs
B98 8NQ

Tel No: 01527 510570
Fax No: 01527 500007
Email : mail@K2shakespeare.co.uk

Hope this Helps.

S

Stuart Johnson

Thanks for the info. Phoned Shakespeare and they new what I was on about straight away. But as the rod has been out of ptoduction for 10 years they could not help me and non of ther current stock items will fit. The tip in question is a utra fine carbon tip. So it looks like i t will be a lost cause unless someone has a rod to sell. Any takers?

K

Keith Miller

Stuart, just checked and think I can help.
I have an 1883-350, action C30, in near pristine condition, as I have used it on no more than 3 or 4 occasions.
Bought in error, as it was reduced in price, some years ago for bream fishing in Ireland, but wasn't up to chucking big feeders imhp, so got a Drennan rod instead.
It has two butts with cork handles, the longer butt is finished in electric blue and the remainder of the rod is dark blue/green with dark blue whippings with gold band. There are two push in tips which I painted white with flouro red tip for higher visibility. Would be willing to sell if interested.

J

John Howard

Have you considered making your own quiver tips. some shops stock fibre glass Donkey tops some others stock replacement pole tips. these can be cut to the length req. and carefully rubbed down to fit the top section. Approx cost is ?3.00, again the rings can be bought from a good tackle shop. If the fit is wrong the quivertip can be enlarged to fit. Buy a bottle of the pole joint repair compound apply and then rub down to a close fit. I have made several now for a diawa rod total cost for each tip approx ?3.50 a lot better than ?15.00 each