Don?t Let the Bugs Bite!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If anyone is going to any of the midge infested areas of Scotland this summer, drop me an email if you'd like a sample of DEETfree to test for FishingMagic. I've only got the one spray bottle so first one to email me gets it.

T

The Monk

I`ve been bitten by worst in Scotland, but I wouldnt want a spray to keep them away

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Used to be called Crocodile, changed the name last year apparently and its freely available on Ebay for ?6.50 plus p&p ?1.95 but there doesn't appear to be a lot of suppliers when I put it in google.

Have you tried it yourself Graham? My wife suffers terrible from insect bites whilst she's in the garden and I got her some "skin so soft" which works well but she doesn't have a lot of faith in it for some reason, womens illogic eh!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I got bitten by about 50 midges and a mossie the otehr day, where the mossoie got me my arm was risen like a table tennis ball.

N

Neil Tipping

I bought some of this for my mom who went a cruise that included the Amazon last year and she said it was very good - only got a couple of bites (Original crocodile stuff is on sale in local poundland shop - price?)

Reaction score
The eldest is off to the High Sierras of California on one of those Camp things the Yanks are so keen on. (No... not the Charles Hawtrey camp before any of you start).

As part of their preparation for the midge,mosquito, bear and chipmunk infested wilderness they have been told to take Vitamin B supplement tablets. These apparently keep the little buggers away..some odour thing. I would have thought his footwear was sufficient!

He promises to keep me posted as to the efficacy of this tip...I'll pass on the reports

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Tesco do a brand that is the nut's. I will post the name when i get the bottle from my bag.
Tried all the other's this leaves them standing, but as with most thing's spray's work different on different people.

If you have been bitten, T C P antiseptic Ointment good stuff, about ?1.60 a tube

C

Cakey

if they bite me they are dead,all them drugs........................

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Tesco's own brand.(insect repellent extra strenght), never been bite when using this, or maybe it's my arm pits!.

C

Cakey

when they do start biting again i dont use all that stuff,I got a electronic one that mimics a male or female (cant remember which) and the others f off

W

Wolfman Woody

They don't ever bother me cos I'm HARD!

Also, when I fish into the evening and night I get my mates onto them, a gang of natterers bats.

T

The Monk

women seem to get bitten more than us, usually when they are mentraiting, I think its an estrogen thing

D

david bruce 1

Anyone know of the Avon skin care products name that has a reputation as the dogs 'do dahs' as a repellant? I was given a spray of it in Scotland last year and it did work but I have forgotten the name and as it is not labelled as a repellant I am stuck.

p.s. it smelt quite nice but not so you couldn't go into the public bar safely afterwards

C

Cakey

I know the Avon calling girl I will ask her and get back to you......