Should these things be banned?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
what ho

Can't see many people buying these - certainly not anglers- if someone did buy one they might use it once and then it will be at the back of the cupboard with all the rest of the crap they've bought of the net.

THey could prove dangerous if fired at a person though.

Tally Ho

S

Scott Whatmore

Looks like a load of old cr@p to me.

Not sure why (other than it is cr@p) it should not be sold though.

If some fool wants to part with their cash then let them.

My cash stays deeply ensconced in my 'sky rocket' ;o)

Blunderer

Reaction score
Brilliant.

It fires your tackle a whole 30 feet.

Bizarrely enough, though, if you took this product and threw money at it and made a carp rod which fired 150yards accurately, you may make yourself a million.

The future of fishing?

Jesus.

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
Cor dear oh dear! Well it's been a longtime since I saw a product that was so obviously destined to have some kid's eye out, or possibly an ear off!

J K

Reaction score
Brilliant Iv'e put this on my wish list. 30ft, I can double my casting distance.

Nick D

Reaction score
Looks like too much hard work.

Il stick to boating the rigs out.

J

John McLaren

Not only does it look highly dangerous but I suspect that technically it is illegal to use such a device for catching fish in freshwater, being somewhere between a "fixed engine" and a hand line!

But if, like Cakey, your main aim is to deter little children from lobbing bricks in your swim sounds like just the job.

(Down your way again this weekend Cakey - but no chance of wetting a line!)

W

Wolfman Woody

If it can project a 4oz lead 30 feet I'll have one.

Get that bl**dy cat!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

My son used to work for that company years ago as a marketing consultant!!

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Although this may seem like a silly kiddies toy and a bit of a gimmick, couldn't the general idea be adapted to help our disabled anglers? I'm currently struggling with an arm injury, which means I can't cast very well. Well, I couldn't before the injury, but that's another matter...

S

Steve King

A good point Janet. A proper fishing rod able to launch the end tackle where you want it would assist disabled anglers.

J

John McLaren

Hi Cakey - not working, visiting my daughter and spending money - its her birthday!