Big Perch

Milo

Reaction score
Very nice perch indeed but, Jonny, why post in the carp forum!?

Milo

Reaction score
Lol! Fairy snuff mate! I wouldn't have seen it otherwise so I'll let you off! I don't go through the galleries much... :)

Milo

Reaction score
You did indeed but, now I'm turning green because I can't get myself a perch like that one! Hahaha!

njb51

Reaction score
True.....he seems as if he gets them all the time! Some kind of nuisance fish!

Milo

Reaction score
If only my nuisance fish were like that! I've been plagued recently by 2" mirrors getting on my size 6 hooks fishing 16mm boilies or maize!

Milo

Reaction score
I'd not been fishing for almost a year until the start of May, and I'm well into it again, with a vengence! This is my first night not fishing this week! I've lost count on the numbers of fish I've been catching. No monsters mind you! Fun none the less! It's good to be back!

njb51

Reaction score
I haven't fished since Oct last year, even then I only caught a roach weighing around 6oz! Looking forward to Bournemouth!!

Milo

Reaction score
What's that in your arms in the photo? What's Bournemouth by the way? Bit of a way from me (Southport)

njb51

Reaction score
Tis a barbel caught from the Thames during last years species hunt. Can't remember what it weighed but it's not my PB.

Bournemouth be darn sarf, in Dorset. Ringwood and Throop and all that jazz.

Milo

Reaction score
I've not caught a proper barbel, ie one from a river. Hopefully, this year, I'll have a go at a river. I've found them a bit daunting in the past. Might sound daft but, it's the truth!

Is there something big going on in Bournemouth?

Milo

Reaction score
My pic incidentally, is a double figure carp caught from the Kennet & Avon canal in 2004. A fish that I'm quite proud of. I was on a camping trip near Devizes in Wilts, just by the canal. I'd paid ?9 for a fortnights fishing and caught plenty of bream and carp. That one was my best there, at around 11lb. I don't know what they go upto down there but, I was very pleased!

njb51

Reaction score
?9 for 2 weeks fishing!!! Gotta get myself up there then!!!

Good angling!

Milo

Reaction score
Plenty of good sport on the K&A! Loved every minute of it! Great fun! It was on the Caen Hill Locks with the Devizes AA ticket. One rod for non-members. Not sure what the full what the full membership is but, as I'm far from local, I was more than happy with ?9 for my fortnight I can tell you!