Boilies

Beaker

Reaction score
To all fellow carpers, what is your boilie of choice , why is it and is it shelf life or frozen?

Pete Shears

Reaction score
The ones I make myself,air dried and/or frozen - not using any eggs,flavours/additives at all,definitely different from all the the over the counter ones.

terry m

Reaction score
For me Mainline Cell, frozen, simply because the results have been superb. I will switch when results drop off, that has not happened yet.

Prior to Cell I was using CC Moores XXX with some success.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

One thing I would add,is the I cannot remember catching any tench or bream on Cell for some reason. Whilst some carpers may see that as a blessing, I am quite happy to nail a few tench.

I would be interested to hear if any other Cell users have fopund this also?

mol

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of baitcrafts T1. I have a preference for a food bait and the T1 is arguably the most complete and digestable boilie on the market. I've had some really good catches on the T1.

I much prefer a frozen bait. They're more versatile than a shelf life, you can wash them out, wash goodies in and air dry them. I'm also convinced that carp find them easier to digest, frozen baits soften and swell once in the lake whilst shelf life bait tends to stay rock hard.

bigchub

Reaction score
Choose a company and stick with them. After swapping round a bit in the last year, it will always be DT Baits for me (well I think!) but I have been known to be indecisive. The trouble starts when you feel a loyality to a certain company but then they don't have a product that suits your needs you are forced to go elsewhere.

Last edited:

rudd enthusiast

Reaction score
I use premiere baits. have caught my frinds and I alot of fish from a very difficult water plus they are great value, friendly and local god knows why I would ever be temted to spend twice the money on mainline however well they do for others.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
All Season Bait Developments

Well Known within the Trade, Bait Maker Kevin Wilkinson set up this firm with his brother Mick a couple of years ago at Southend Farm, Waltham Abbey, Essex.

Well Worth trying his baits, they all work.

01992 711122

Bob

jayjay27

Reaction score
its dt n blend frozen for me iv had plenty of sucsess on it and i no many people have to

BOF39

Reaction score
After a long time with Premier, and CC Moores, I've actually gone back to making my own. Time consuming, but more satisfying when a fish is caught.

BOF

bigchub

Reaction score
After a long time with Premier, and CC Moores, I've actually gone back to making my own. Time consuming, but more satisfying when a fish is caught.

BOF

At least with making your own you know exactly what goes in it and you can tinker with them unit your heart desires.

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

In the Summer its Mainline Cell (Frozen) and in the Winter ists Nash Strawberry or Tuti-Fruty 10mils shelf life in the winter. Not that I do much winter fishing these days as it plays arthritis up.

Paul

sam vimes

Reaction score
In the last few years I've used DNA Baits pretty much exclusively. On one water where I knew them to be particularly successful I've used Stickybaits Bloodworm.