river thames

G

gerry hardwick

any of you piscatorial chaps know anything about the river thames between marlow and maidenhead

W

Wolfman Woody

A bit.

Well, almost every inch as it happens. What did you want to know?

Email me if you like.

G

gerry hardwick

i have freinds down in bourne end,and done a little bit of fishing in cookham below the weir with not much sucess, had a few chub from the connecting stream next to it,i am looking for possible holding spots for chub,barbel and carp.i have had a quick look off the maidenhead road,but it looks very busy with boats . cheers woody i would be gratefull for any info as it looks like it reqs a bit of homework on the old father

W

Wolfman Woody

Not much in the way of free fishing, just Odney Marsh at the end of Odney road.

Going over the bridge there you have the broadwater beneath you. Good for a number of species and the odd carp, but I do mean "odd". Not many in the past few years.

A few small chub and barbel in the back stream, the fast flowing bit that falls out below the sluice. Best section is below the sluice on the main river.

Call in Maidenhead Bait & Tackle in Cookham (near the station) and get a Cookham AS ticket with TVAA membership, it's only about ?15 or ?16 for the year. Then you can fish the Thames upstream of Cookham road bridge (past the church) and with the TVAA you can walk down one of the back roads onto the Thames well below the sluice and fish any number of swims right down to Maidenhead.

Then there's Maidenhead below Boulter's Lock, if you can find a space to set up a rod. It's free fishing there. The shop will advise you.

G

gerry hardwick

thanks for the info woody,i know where the tackle shop is in cookham,i hope to be down there soon .what the maidenhead end like?