Carp Lakes in Dorset

J

Jack Pike BA

The wife and I are having week in Dorset soon can anybody recommend any decent carp waters ?

tommy

Reaction score
i am going to dorset next month for a week and fishing lyons gate at cerne abbas and todber manor or pallington lake

J

Jack Pike BA

We have booked on Todber Manor for a 24 hour session may a have a look at Pallingham Lakes as well

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Colin,

Todbers website seems to work again now.... We fished Wadmill lake weekend before last, was hard going on the lake for everybody, due to the hot and sunny weather.

Very little was caught during the day, which is very unusual for Wadmill. I had 2 bream around the 5lb scale and only one common which I sadly lost at the net.I never done so bad there.

Jack,

Which lake at todber are you planning to fish?

tommy

Reaction score
hi claudia nice to hear from you again I think we are going to lyons gate first and see what thats like.fished it last year found it good. we will go to todber second but my mate wants to fish the speci lake can you tell me what that s like

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Colin,

Sorry I can't tell you about the specimen lake, as I never fished it yet.

We got his new specimen lake booked for a long weekend in September, going after the cat he's got in there.

If I was you I'd better call and book before, as it's always packed during this time a year.

Here is the website

www.todbermanor.co.uk

They also have a great tackle shop.....so you better leave your plastic behind if you a tackle tart ;-) lol

Julian Barber

Reaction score
Have a goosey here:
http://www.revelsfishery.fsbusiness.co.uk/revels1.htm
Nice little well run fishery. I did a week there last season. Just fishing dawn and dusk mostly, had plenty of doubles. Fun waters, not too taxing.
The first lake across the fields is best IMHO. More lighlty fished ( i think it has a reputation for being harder so is fished less, but I didnt find that) and better quality fish. Fish to far treeline up far end or upside the pads by the gate.

C

Cliff Parkin

Hi where abouts in Cerne is Lyons gate as my wife parents live just outside Cerne and it would be an escape route for me sometimes!!!

tommy

Reaction score
hi cliff....as you drive thro cerne from dorchester its on the adge of the village best of luck....when are you going

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
Oooooo Cliff. Think you need to buy me a pint or 2 or I'll tell your wife what you have written!!!