Adventure or Disaster?

alan

Reaction score
Andy 10year olds and fishing do mix, trust me.

find a local pond, dosnt matter what fish, or how big as long as they are almost gaunteed to catch.

set them up and show them how to fish.

take them 1 at a time that way they will get your full attention.

leave your rods at home for the first couple of trips.

get thrm used to catching the smaller stuff then take your rods and try for the bigger ones, when they see you catching them they will want to have a go.

take them to a park/school field and teach them to cast.

it does work, ive got 3 my eldest at 12 is adhd and does struggle at times, an 8 year old who can set up his own tackle float or ledger, bait up, cast, play and land fish on his own unhook them with barbed or barbless hooks. and a 5 year old, knows how to cast(not good at it yet) how to play fish, unhook them, bait up etc.

its worth the effort you need to put in at the start, after the first few trips you will enjoy the trips much more.

W

Wolfman Woody

What gets really annoying is when you're telling the story to someone in the full expectation of gaining their sympathy, all they say is "Funny how you can laugh at it now."

I hope you can Andy and I'm glad it's not just me.

Andyw

Reaction score
Tell you what Woody...

I can't even classify it as a "fishing" trip!!

More a repairing trip!!! ;-)

Chris Whapham

Reaction score
Tell you what my brother always wants me to join him on these all night fishing trips! i`ve only ever pick up a rod once in my life sat there all night watching a little red glow stick bobbing up and down. didn`t catch a thing! we that is a lie i caught a tiny little fish could have been a knewt for all i knew. And from the stress Andy had that night i don`t see that i would again. But each to there own happy fishing guys

Andyw

Reaction score
Ha ha thanks bro but you love it really!!

When ya coming up?? You know you wanna learn to fish properly!!