Float Holder...

soffit

Reaction score
Need a float tube for all my new floats. Ideally it should cost nothing. Looked at a thingy in Tescos today that holds five mini pork pies. You get to eat the pies and the tube is free.. brilliant... alas, it was about a cm or so too short. So, in these tightened times what is your money-free solution? 8" long but nine would be nice....?

Last edited:

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Need a float tube for all my new floats. Ideally it should cost nothing. Looked at a thingy in Tescos today that holds five mini pork pies. You get to eat the pies and the tube is free.. brilliant... alas, it was about a cm or so too short. So, in these tightened times what is your money-free solution? 8" long but nine would be nice....?

Buy a 'thingy' from Tescos that holds Six mini pork pies !!! :D:D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
soffit.......In case you are not aware, several posts have covered this subject recently.......

I cannot imagine anything worse than a Tesco Pork Pie, but maybe I'm being unfair!

Last edited:

soffit

Reaction score
soffit.......In case you are not aware, several posts have covered this subject recently.......

I cannot imagine anything worse than a Tesco Pork Pie, but maybe I'm being unfair!

I suspect every subject has been covered many times and some recently. But I shall do a search now you have pointed me in the correct path;)

I would never knowingly eat a Tescos pork pie either!! Perish the thought my dear!!

Last edited:

theoriginalpikeflyco

Reaction score
Not free but for less than a quid you can buy artist brush tubes that are extendable & made of really tough plastic...much tougher than some float tubes I've seen.

One I have holds about 55 floats up to 28 cms long & has padding each end & twist lock lid.

My wife picked up for me locally for 99p so they are bound to be cheap as chips online.

soffit

Reaction score
Not free but for less than a quid you can buy artist brush tubes that are extendable & made of really tough plastic...much tougher than some float tubes I've seen.

One I have holds about 55 floats up to 28 cms long & has padding each end & twist lock lid.

My wife picked up for me locally for 99p so they are bound to be cheap as chips online.

A sensible post at last. I think I shall have to steal one from a pound shop!

terry m

Reaction score

Can you keep pork pies in it?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
as said before - I'd look in the £1 shop - take a tape measure to check the length (oh matron) last thing you want is to buy something only to find your longest float doesn't fit

soffit

Reaction score
I did think of trimming them But then I thought about the chap that had produced them; whittling away with his knife in the light of a candle somewhere in bitter Yorkshire.... 8hrs of daylight at the best of times:eek:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Tee Cee, try the tesco melton pork pies, they are made by ****inson and Morris and have won several awards...fantastic!!!!

Mark