Third Time Lucky on the Fly?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Another excellent read Janet!

The feelings you were going through, are just like what i went, and still go through!

Well done on catching!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cakey, Janet hasn't experienced the carping side of fishing yet, so don't be too hard on her. All she's heard is the stories about carping, one day she'll love that too.

S

Sean Meeghan

Well done Janet! Don't worry Wendy if Janet spends time on these forums she'll certainly experience the carping side of fishing! ;?)

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments about carping!

I've never tried it, so I really shouldn't knock it, but the guys I meet in my local angling shop just make me laugh!

I WILL try it one day, just to see what the attraction is, then I'll go back to real fishing.....

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Superb read, well done Janet...so far I only had one fly fishing lesson, didn't catch though.

Going to have another in a couple of weeks though and I just hope that I'll get the casting right this time....Poor Peter J nearly lost an eye when he stood too close to me lol

C

Cakey

ok ill bite Janet .........what do you consider real fishing ?

Reaction score
hi janet
youve got me all exited about wot i am going too get i just carnt wait
i am more exited about going whith martin then i am about my holls but carnt tell my wife thet lol

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Cakey, I couldn't resist winding you up!

As I said, I'm going to have a go at carping one day, just to see what it's all about, but from what I've heard I don't think it's really my cup of tea. I enjoy sitting by the canal or river catching whatever comes along.

I'll try and refrain from any more comments about carpers until I've tried it for myself!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Janet....carping is, like all fishing what you make it.

For me, it's the wonder of a huge pit or the lilly pads flying up in spray as a river carp powers off after i hook it.

If you ever try it don't go to a little puddle full of pasties.....try real carp fishing.

I like to fish as my mood dictates, i enjoy fly fishing too!

T

The Monk

For me, it's the wonder of a huge pit or the lilly pads flying up in spray as a river carp powers off after i hook it, along with the delightful young ladies of the night.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I best have a pastie or two first then...just for energy!