Natural World

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
What a fantastic program this was. All around the Wye valley, a Bee Man, a Fisherman and a Cider Man all having a great time in the best of places!!!

Does anybody know the name of the Cast that the Salmon fisherman was using?

F

Frothey

Great program, only caught it whilst flicking, ended up watching the whole thing.

keora

Reaction score
I thought the angler/ghillie did nothing but moan all the time. I realise that last season was a poor one for salmon on the Wye, yet there was no excuse for his griping and whingeing. He was fishing a beautiful river, no doubt in the future he and his clients will have a better season. By the end of the programme I wished he had fallen in the river -anything to relieve the boredom.

Reaction score
Nice programme.Did you notice, though, that the 'action' was centred on the Upper Wye near Rhayader yet we got regular shots of the river at Symonds Yat. Not really a criticism - it was a super programme - just an observation.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
You obviously know the area well Cliff you lucky ole thing, my way youre more likely to see the odd Albanian poacher or city crack head coming out of the mist than a Swan.

I thought it was just a great programe, filmed in the same way that a 'Passion For Fishing' was done, Remember that?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Cliff.....perhaps it was because the Wye at Symonds Yat is so photogenic?.

Other mans grass syndrome Murray?, i was down your neck of the woods the other week and was in awe of the pits at your disposal.

Missed the prog!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Well as i drove past...admittingly fleeting, and i thought of Wol and Andys eel catchs......that was Awe enough, but the ones i saw looked unfished and overgrown......i like that!

Hasving said that there is one almost directly on the M25 that looks to "new"....yet i see bivvies on there.....garlic breathed cypry?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I don't think it is Nick....it's a smallish water....5 acresish, on the left as i turn towards the M4 from the M40....or at least in that direction.......almost on top of the m25.

The surounding area looks like semi mature landfill.....but perhaps that is what Murray is getting at, the Wye valley can hardley be classed as that.

T

The Monk

there is some lovely looking waters around that area paul, I`ve fished a few of the better known ones, I found yateley very impressive prior to the re-stocking, i fished the Pad when their was only 3 carp in it, I also fished the North lake and the Car park for Basil, those Southerners are spoilt

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Any one of these Paul? I fished a lake there on the Tuesday of Whitsun with my son Scott, called the Lizard, absolutely solid with fish of all types and the whole area looks like landfill but this lake was completely surrounded by trees.

Reaction score
MURRAY! Me? A 'lucky ol' thing'? The only reason I know the area so well is because I go there so often - I'm an Essex Man. I go to the Wye Valley to escape the litter, 'Basil', 'Nelson' and all their mates!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I used to fish that water Paul when it was 20 acres and the M25 hadn't been built. Its just up the road from Farlows. Wol and Andy were fishing the lake directly opposite Savay, you can't see it from the road but it is now open to the public as they have opened up a footpath around it, the walk takes you past Korda lake the BCSG water, then past Harefield and finally onto and around Broadwate which is about 250 acres. Its a great walk.